1145 VCLFO Capacitors

I`m building the VCLFO, on the BOM for the capacitors there is one that is confusing to me. (1) C6 & C3 are described as 2n2, when I follow the link to Rapid, they say “no results”? is this capacitor a 2nF?

1 Like

it’s a 2,2nf :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Many thanks Dud, l will put then on my order list.

1 Like

This confused me too at first, but it was with resistors (ie 4k7 = 4.7k)

Glad i wasnt the only one haha! GL on the build =)

1 Like

Many thanks @willow2x, l’m sure that we are not alone. When you first start making modules you have to learn a lot in a short time, but it’s all fun.

1 Like

you know what im gunna start jotting things like this down and do a vid! cus yeah its not obvious at all is it haha, there are a lot of confusing things

4 Likes

Yeah, sometimes it’s so obvious it’s blinding.

A nice little video on all the common components, their common purpose, their common markings will probably be a great help to many new Kosmo builders.

Things like the core differences between the types of cap,
can you substitute A for B ( 16V for a 25V ) is an 1N4009 ok in place of an 1N4001… Do we need the FB’s? Are the FB’s or a 10R Resitor, Does it matter…

I think the whole video should be shot in “50’s Posh Sam” mode :wink:

Rob

2 Likes

Or this way ? :slight_smile:

Especially when it comes to which end of the soldering iron to hold, or basic precautions when snipping of component leads…

4 Likes

@twinturbo to add to this, I think with a year of kosmo modules coming out, it might be a good time to eval what common parts are needed. I think my post in the Cheap Components thread might need a refreshment.

@eric
Thin your paints

1 Like