Zorch's build progress

oh there can see it now without all the wires . little over drive isn’t bad in some cases . yeah I am constantly moving stuff around to make things work better kind of a pain but part of the game I guess .

2 Likes

Hey that turned out pretty nice!

Does it distort in a nice way?
Also, how is the eq section?

I’ve been thinking about getting one of the bigger xenyx mixers because my mixer is from the 70s and has some quirks.

1 Like

It does distort things slightly. I have yet to hook it up to the oscilloscope to see exactly what is going on, but it is within the ‘acceptable’ range. For my purposes at least. Having stereo channels to use independently of each other has been unexpectedly fun. I’ve been running CV through and using the pan to mute and unmute things.

2 Likes

I finished up the Active Ring Mod circuit but am waiting for the weather to warm up before I finish the face plate.

Sorry purple fans. Its going to be brown like the rest!

I’ve mostly been thinking and planning - trying to figure out a better setup for my workspace. The space in my office is rather limited so I am trying to figure out how to maximize what I have.

I recreated things in Blender so I can move around in 3d a bit and figure out measurements. The red box represents my telescope. I could move it out but would rather not. The door frame is the void off to the right of it and the light switch is the little box behind/above it on the wall. I recreated my current rig with all of the modules I have in it at the moment up top and the bottom represents the new case. I’m toying with the idea of having a spring reverb tank accessible by that hole in the bottom. I also have the files for the 3d printed rails floating in there but I still need to resize and position them appropriately.

The big brown slab in the foreground represents my desk - which is pretty much immobile leaving me this little corner space. I’m thinking of finding a cheap desk I can sacrifice to help extend the work surface out to the left up to the wall - resting on top of my current shelving unit that everything is sitting on right now. That would give me a little storage space blow and perhaps a few shelves up above as well as room for my mixer and my future keystep pro.

In the meantime I’ve started ordering bits for a DIY Tides module and have been fiddling around with some passive stuff. Also I picked up a box of stuff destined for the garbage from work.

I figure at the very least I can salvage the plug sockets and relays.

4 Likes

Happy birthday to me! Finally pulled the trigger…

I am officially intimidated.

8 Likes

Start with the fun scale quantizer!

3 Likes

Ohh very nice it looks so much nicer in black! Happy Birthday to you =)

2 Likes

Sadly, no brown an gold version XD

Nah black will match all my clothes haha!

2 Likes

same thing for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hang the warranty and grab that rattle can for the pink sequencer you’ve always wanted.

3 Likes

I would of gone neon pink if i had an easy way of making all the button labels again lol

1 Like

Tisk! Labels shmables! Mask up or and rattle it like a 90’s hackers keyboard.

Oh we were all so cool then :joy:

https://images.app.goo.gl/Fn3wA7ZqU2Cn85KSA

1 Like

i kinda dig the cammo cow skin haha

2 Likes

Currently gluing together some stock for my new music station table. I need to figure out some sort of support for the left side and cut the final shape, route the edges, prime, and paint…

I am going to put a bunch of my old photography on it and do an acrylic pour.

6 Likes

Progress!

12 Likes

Uno, yugioh, and magic. Not sure about the Cthulhu one at the top though?

2 Likes

Well spotted! 1st edition Mansions of Madness. There are some elder sign in there as well. Basically the random cards I had sitting around and some misprints.

3 Likes

Since I have not had luck with fixing my stripboard buffered mult (and because I’ve run out of room in my first case) I’ve been getting all passive aggressive…

The last module to go into case #1 is this 10cm with a bunch of passive circuits. From top to bottom:
JFET Delight - SDIY Class # 5 - Pocket Passive Patch Pals and the JFET Delight - YouTube
Diodes to remove the +/- part of a signal with the flip of a switch
A standard fuzz module with access on the front so I can plug in whatever bits I want
The Leech distortion
And a RGBLED Warp RGB led Warp effect. | skunkworks systems

I’ve also made some 3d printed holders for some passive mults as well…

I am designing a passive 5 way splitter too - but my first attempt at printing it was a bit of a disaster.

9 Likes

RGB LED warp effect oscillator Mk2 | skunkworks systems

Hadn’t seen this before! Very neat and easy - any chance we can hear some demos?

3 Likes