Which Final Output module?

Something I aspire to daily

3 Likes

BTW , I was referring to the connectors in the picture they have a triangle [ ok so not exactly a arrow ] on the negative side

1 Like

There are a number of online lexicons of English internet jargon. This is a list of the sixty most common.

Personally I try to avoid jargon, especially abbreviations, but it’s certainly useful to know some because a lot of people use jargon with the enthusiasm of an Italian waiter with the parmesan.

1 Like

thanks a lot for this ! I put that in my link

is this something popular, does everyone understand that?

2 Likes

Jargon or simple “acronym” , whichever it pre-dates the internet.

Is it a thing in other languages?? surely it must be?

Synth is littered with them…

but we digress…

1 Like

BTW is widely understood by native English speaking internet users, but not as universal as pre-internet abbreviations such as etc (et cetera) and dept (department.)

I nearly always use plain English because I don’t see the point in saving myself a second or two writing on my phone when it may cost half a dozen readers considerably more time than that to work out what I meant by an abbreviation.

3 Likes

French definitely has some.
Some are actually so popular that they are even used in other language e.g. RSVP
(We also use latin abreviations…)

2 Likes

Just one stupid question since I don’t see this mentioned most of the time (or I overlook something fundamental) when it comes to producing the actual sound: what about AC coupling?

I have seen a few VCAs with AC coupling but since this topic is not really discussed I am wondering if audio amplifiers e.g. automatically centre the signal to ground?
At least I don’t hear any difference between AC coupling and raw 0V to 5V output from my LMNC 3340 VCO when I plug it into my 30 years old Hitachi amp :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (I slowly cranked up the voltage just out of curiosity)