Whats your favorite drum machine?

Just curious what others think. I love me an LM1 for a good start.

It was difficult to choose between the LM1 and the DMX though.

3 Likes

Brian Chipendale.

4 Likes

Classic machines I really like the DMX as well.

For new stuff the Pulsar-23 seems sooo rad

1 Like

TR707 with HKA designs ROM expansion :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I only have had 1 the tr707, so I guess it has to be may favorite . the individual trigger outs for each drum sound is great for modular use . and the grid style sequencer is very easy to program . haven’t tried any sound upgrades that would be good the internal sounds are kinda meh .

1 Like

For sample quality and sheer evelastingness the alesis SR16. Can it keep time on tracks longer than 4 min? No! But it does have extra programmable outputs, good pads and controls, a huge volume knob (seriously, it’s a biggun) , more well recorded samples than you’ll ever need.

4 Likes

What’s my wild rabbit? What drum machine would finish my search for the perfect beat?

I had a wild idea when I just began listening to club music that the breaks were factory installed in the drum machine and the producer made the loops by step entering every beat. The drum machine that would be perfect would be unobtainable for this is simply what I still unconsciously think a drum machine does even when I know it’s not. I’d say the one closest would be giving me Akai MPC60 and a crate of 7"s.

What’s my easel? What drum macnine would be easiest to make sonic sculpture?

I’ve been longing for the texture of electronic music from around 1997-2003. I want to get Elektron Machinedrum MKI.

What’s my favorite drum machine now?

I love having my Sequential Circuits TOM.

What’s my recommended drum machine for starting out?

I recommend someone get (tie) Roland TR-626 or Korg DDD-1 which depends on what you find important but both are favorites and cheap. I could easily use both my TR-626 or my DDD-1 as my only drum machine if it meant only keeping a cheap one.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

The only one that i have, it’s the old (1980) DRM16 from Electro Harmonix.
used by the band Berurier Noir, and i think Kraftwerk too.
i like it, but very old so no midi, no clock in…
for those who don’t know it :

4 Likes

I remember these. Everyone joked we could now sack the drummer. Nearly… but no. :slight_smile:

2 Likes