Verified Stripboard Layouts!

The STEINER-PARKER diode filter with 4-modes by Yusynth.
This is one the best sounding filters I ever made and it has Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass and Allpass Modes! Check out the demo video of how this filter sounds! It’s in the article linked below.

10 Likes

Hoping to wire up and test this tomorrow. Hoping even more that I didn’t screw something up!

4 Likes

Oh my, It’s cut right through the middle. :slight_smile:
Nice job mate. Yours looks neater than my effort. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I had a good look at your picture, comparing it with the layout and I can’t see any mistakes. Only your power connections are a bit different because you made it Eurorack friendly but that shouldn’t make any difference. I just hope it’ll spring to life the moment you switch it on. It’s such a good sounding filter, it’s amazing. And such a simple design too.

2 Likes

hm now you got me hooked on this one :smiley:
which switch do you need for this? DP4T on/on/on/on?
do you have a link?
cheers

edit: will this work
https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/CK/MB04L1NZQD?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtFyPk3yBMYYD9iZ57QKEYv%2FJ1IHJJtHxI%3D

Getting there. Jacks, switches, n’ pots, and we’ll see what happens.

7 Likes

That should work Klaus! It’s a dual pole 4 throw switch and that’s just what you need.

1 Like

Looking excellent! Keep us posted. I can’t wait to see it working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is beautiful work. And I am not in the least little bit jealous of your consummate skill and herculean productivity. No, not jealous at all. No, not even a little bit. Nosiree. Carry on.

4 Likes

Haha! As you were. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Gotta love when things work first time!
I have 2 resistors that aren’t the exact value, same goes for the pots, and need to get the switching figured out, but it works!
I’ll keep digging at it.
The fun of building a panel begins.

11 Likes

Sounds really nice!!!

4 Likes

YYEEEESSSS!!! EXCELLENT!! I’m so happy it worked first time!! And it sounds just like mine. Couldn’t be better. Well done mate!!

5 Likes

Now you’ve built both the Digisound and the Steiner-Parker filter, which do you prefer?

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten a panel made and switching set up properly on the Steiner yet, so I haven’t really gotten a proper run with it. I really love the Digisound. Much more than an MS20 filter for instance, but I do find the volume quite low on it. Not sure if that’s something I did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTOgqGNHwbM

5 Likes

That is exactly the reaction I had too. The volume is very low on the Digisound LPF. That’s why I added an extra output with 3 times the gain. Did you build that in too?

3 Likes

I didn’t if it’s not on your layout. Make a big difference? I’d definitely add it if it did help. Great sounding filter. I’m about to test the sample and hold now.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s in the layout. There are two audio outputs. I kept the original one un-touched, in case it turned out only my filter had that lower audio level and then I used an opamp that was left over on the stripboard to make a second output with 3 times the gain. You could make that gain even bigger by making the feedback resistor bigger. It certainly makes a big difference. If pulls the audio right up where it needs to be. Good luck with the Sample and Hold. I use mine a lot. The DC-Offset feature I added comes in very handy although it is quite sensitive.

3 Likes

I don’t see 2 outputs on either the stripboard layout, or the schematic?There’s 3 inputs. I left one out on mine since I rarely use more than one.
Edit I see it now! There’s just no wire coming from it on the layout, so my eye missed it. I’m not sure which I used now. I’ll take a look

2 Likes

In the wiring diagram the one with 3 times gain is wired up to the output. If you want to up that gain you can increase the value of the 330K resistor between pins 6 and 7 of IC-1.

1 Like