Stripboard Layout Request Thread

I figure we should start a Request Thread for Stripboard Layouts!

Some of us are rather proficient with Fritzing, DIYLC, and various other Stripboard/Breadboard/PCB/etc. Programs and may be willing to lend a hand in our spare time!

I figure I will start this off with a Stripboard Layout Request for the Schele Video Mixer -
For some reason this one just confuses me and would absolutely love to build this in a stripboard/behind a panel for my Modular analog Video Synth that I am building.

Here are the pictures -
Schele-mixer-schematic-600
schele-mixer-fritzing3

If anyone has the time to make a layout for this, it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

bump
lol…

Someone make this for meeeee :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looks easy enough to breadboard, then you could just transfer the breadboard layout to stripboard.

For some reason this one is just confusing to me.
I don’t know where the switches are place, don’t know where the pot is, dont know what the VR is, etc.
Generally I just take it upon myself to stripboard layout something, but I am at a loss on this one lol. hence my request.

my brain no worky.

1 Like

VR = voltage regulator, so 7805. The pot is 20K with the 1K resistor going to pin 2.

1 Like

The PCB doesn’t match the picture (parts are not at the same place, there are regular switches instead of DIP switches). It could still be the same circuit but don’t try to combine them directly.
One of the switches would then be the V1/V2 switch at the bottom of the schematic. The other three would be replacement for the DIP switch, but why not put them all together then?
The PCB could match the schematic, I have not traced it, but no obvious differences jumped out to me.

1 Like

Yes. I’m sorry for being so dismissive about the difficulties. The use of terms like VR for “voltage regulator”, and the lack of directional indicators in the 9V to 5V circuit can be confusing (though it’s obvious once you realise this is essentially a 5V circuit powered from a 9V battery.)

The only thing that throws me is the circuit board diagram. I’d be inclined to ignore it completely and try to breadboard the schematic, then approach an appropriate community who may be willing to help you to get it working.

1 Like

lmfao - there is a v1 and v2… I didn’t even realize it til you said they don’t match, that may have been part of what was confusing me…
the Schematic is for the V1 -
the Final Product pic is the v2…
Heres the final product pic of the v1

2 Likes

I did figure out how I plan to lay everything out.
I am going to work on the stripboard layout tomorrow at work lol.

I also realized I know how to manipulate the layers on DIYLC pretty well so instead of inkscape, I just used DIYLC to mock up the panel… lol

So if I wanted 12+ and 12- IN (from my modular power supply) - what would I have to change on the power portion of this circuit?
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can just feed the +12V in place of the 9V, the whole circuit runs off the 5V output of the regulator anyway. The 5V voltage regulator will just dissipate more heat, so you might want to use the regular to-220 7805 instead of the 78L05. (Basing my comments on the hand drawn schematic above.)
There is no need for the -12V.

1 Like

Any advice on the Dipswitch? It only shows the emitter (before the 120 ohm resistor) going to 1 part of the 3 position dip switch.

From the PCB it looks like all 3 on the one side are connected, can anyone verify that?

I know nothing about PCB traces lol

Yes all three on that side are connected together.

1 Like

Alrighty guys, so I think I got it.

:smiley: Ordered the parts I needed that I didnt already have this afternoon. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very dope! I’ll deffo give this a go in my foray into video synth over the coming months

EDIT: didn’t realise this post was 6 months old aha, came up on my feed somehow. nevertheless, still good. Did it work in the end?

3 Likes

I wish my past hard drive didnt crash - I have a better version of it somewhere - might have posted it in the video synth thread but cannot remember - I ended up switching out the Dip switched for normal switches - it works much better.

And it DOES work :smiley:

4 Likes

Legend! Thanks for that mate

3 Likes

found it

5 Likes

Now that more people are learning stripboard software, can I bump this thread? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I see a bunch of OpAmps, is it safe to assume the IC1 A/B and IC2 A/B are comparators?

Don’t need to assume, there’s a page
http://musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth_new/OLDIESBUTGOODIES/VCF/vcf24dbperoct.html
As it says above IC1B and IC2B, they’re LM13700 OTAs.

2 Likes