Verified Stripboard Layouts!

Maybe someone could verify my Layout?
I haven’t tested it yet, but think I didn’t make a mistake, I put the pots on the PCB and added pin header for Eurorack. Would be great if someone from the experienced people could look up. Many thanks.

Here is the link

1 Like

3340 VCO,
I added the pots to the circuit board and added a socket for Eurorack Power. I built it yesterday, it works wonderfully. And you can immediately attach it to the panel.

5 Likes

Hey! I’m planning to build this filter in the near-ish future. Skimming through the BOM, I think I have everything except for the rotary switch. Do you have a recommendation or part number there?

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I have no part numbers for you. As you can see in the article I used a vintage 3-way switch in combination with a DPST switch, just stuff I had lying around. But any 2-pole 4 way rotary switch will do.

4 Likes

No worries. I just searched for it on Mouser and was completely overwhelmed.

1 Like

There’s these at Tayda

6 Likes

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Rotary+Switch+2+Pole+6+Position+ALPHA+SR2611F
these are the ones I got for for one of the other builds that use 2 pole 4 way
these are nice because you can adjust them to be 2 to 6 way or anything in between.

5 Likes

Anyone have a verified VCF on stripboard they can suggest. Sam and Eddy’s MS20 layouts are too wide for my 110x93mm stripboard :frowning: and cheapest options on Amazon are $5+

Thoughts?

1 Like

Hey! I’m planing to build this layout. Can you give some details for the calibration process? Bests

hi, you can look on the Sam’s vid for how to tune it with the trimmer pot with an external source like beatstep with 1V/octave

on this one for exemple at 7.00’

6 Likes

XY Joystick on Stripboard Working:

9 Likes

Q13904, Q23904, Q33906 and Q43906 are just 2n3904 and 2n3906 right?
How come they’re tagged this way? I thought maybe model number on a web site or something.

Been looking at some Percussive stuff and gathering some schems. any i shouldnt miss out on?

1 Like

It’s customary to label transistors Q1, Q2, etc like resistors are labeled R1, R2, etc.
The diagram is just missing a space between Q1 and 3904.
That stripboard drawing is generally labeled strangely.

3 Likes

yes like have said @antoine.pasde2 it’s 2N3904 and 2N3906 transistor

@willow2x check out Kristian Blasols percussive noise from the modular in a week series

This one should be cool too:

And here is almost the same from the CUSI Sound Channel on YouTube:

7 Likes

I have made it and it’s good for the Hit but the snare in my opinion are not cool and i’ve keep only this for hit module, for snare i prefere this one

3 Likes

Thanks man, i already had that one in the project folder =] I didnt realise it was a MiaW project, been meaning to play around with his 40106 Hex Osc.

@Dud I also have that one in there too XD i like the tone control and its a pretty small board too.

Iive got a BD++ and the V1 schem too, also a bunch of interesting ‘space rockers’ from…

which look like fun =) but im not sure what sort of levels they’re designed for

2 Likes

If it helps anyone I also built that noise drum - and agree that it’s more suited for a hi-hat than a snare. I redrew the layout to include a 10 pin power connector and positioned the jacks/pot to be easy to put on headers.

It was one of the first stripboard layouts I did so could probably be improved but if you want one with the 10 pin connector without redrawing it yourself I can confirm it works. More details in my git where I also have the diylc file and a pdf of the layout: https://github.com/jhitesma/Modular-Synth-Build/tree/main/noise_drum

I actually built two of them on the same board with one mirrored - mostly due to a happy accident learning how to build stripboard

And a week or two ago I repaneled it and added vactrols across the delay which opens up a lot more possiblities.

11 Likes

@juggle very cool, i will do this mirror thing too, good idea !! And with the headers is also a good idea !

1 Like

HAHAHA, what a bummer, I also built it today and last night I made the effort to use the 10 pin connector in the DIYLC. If I had just looked here in the forum … Now I just wanted to verify the layout and see your contribution … naaaaarf went stupid :crazy_face: :rofl: :crazy_face: :rofl: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :laughing: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes