Verified Stripboard Layouts!

hi, you can look on the Sam’s vid for how to tune it with the trimmer pot with an external source like beatstep with 1V/octave

on this one for exemple at 7.00’

6 Likes

XY Joystick on Stripboard Working:

7 Likes

Q13904, Q23904, Q33906 and Q43906 are just 2n3904 and 2n3906 right?
How come they’re tagged this way? I thought maybe model number on a web site or something.

Been looking at some Percussive stuff and gathering some schems. any i shouldnt miss out on?

1 Like

It’s customary to label transistors Q1, Q2, etc like resistors are labeled R1, R2, etc.
The diagram is just missing a space between Q1 and 3904.
That stripboard drawing is generally labeled strangely.

3 Likes

yes like have said @antoine.pasde2 it’s 2N3904 and 2N3906 transistor

@willow2x check out Kristian Blasols percussive noise from the modular in a week series

This one should be cool too:

And here is almost the same from the CUSI Sound Channel on YouTube:

5 Likes

I have made it and it’s good for the Hit but the snare in my opinion are not cool and i’ve keep only this for hit module, for snare i prefere this one

3 Likes

Thanks man, i already had that one in the project folder =] I didnt realise it was a MiaW project, been meaning to play around with his 40106 Hex Osc.

@Dud I also have that one in there too XD i like the tone control and its a pretty small board too.

Iive got a BD++ and the V1 schem too, also a bunch of interesting ‘space rockers’ from…

which look like fun =) but im not sure what sort of levels they’re designed for

2 Likes

If it helps anyone I also built that noise drum - and agree that it’s more suited for a hi-hat than a snare. I redrew the layout to include a 10 pin power connector and positioned the jacks/pot to be easy to put on headers.

It was one of the first stripboard layouts I did so could probably be improved but if you want one with the 10 pin connector without redrawing it yourself I can confirm it works. More details in my git where I also have the diylc file and a pdf of the layout: https://github.com/jhitesma/Modular-Synth-Build/tree/main/noise_drum

I actually built two of them on the same board with one mirrored - mostly due to a happy accident learning how to build stripboard

And a week or two ago I repaneled it and added vactrols across the delay which opens up a lot more possiblities.

10 Likes

@juggle very cool, i will do this mirror thing too, good idea !! And with the headers is also a good idea !

1 Like

HAHAHA, what a bummer, I also built it today and last night I made the effort to use the 10 pin connector in the DIYLC. If I had just looked here in the forum … Now I just wanted to verify the layout and see your contribution … naaaaarf went stupid :crazy_face: :rofl: :crazy_face: :rofl: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :laughing: :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Hello handymen;

So I just finished this circuit (https://canada1.discourse-cdn.com/free1/uploads/lookmumnocomputer/original/2X/2/2c0a7035e7d41f9f7dc41364512ee752f6685983.jpeg) which comes from @Doolang.

The circuit is really simple and I thought that for once I would be able to make a module that works the first time. It was wrong:( When I plugged it in to test it, it made some sound but something that didn’t really look like what you can hear in the @Doolang video ! The sound is like when you don’t hear any radio…like a noise. The good thing is that it does trigger something and the length of the delay does change when I change the value of the potentiometer.

In fact I had a problem and maybe that’s where I made my mistake:
In the shema it says that if you want a HiHat or Snare it’s not the same value for capacitors.
-For a HiHat it is one of 0.68nF and one of 1nF.
-For a Snare it is one of 5nf and one of 100nF.
As I didn’t have a 0.68nF capacitor I built the Snare’s but as I didn’t have a 5nF capacitor either so I put two 2.2nF capacitors in series telling me I would get about 5nF (I found this after a very short search: image ). I test with my multimeter: not all 5nF :frowning:

Anyway I tested the circuit with several different capacities but I always get the same thing so if someone has already done it and could help me I don’t say no!!!

Thanks for your help!
Sorry for my English, I use what they teach me in high school and of Deep.L :wink:
Enoha Roubaud

2 Likes

Look at that formula; it’s not C = C1 + C2. Capacitors add in parallel, not in series. If you want a 4.4nF capacitor you need two 2.2nF in parallel.

7 Likes

This module seems to work, its aim is to produce a white noise like the noise between radio stations (as you say), and then it is triggered very briefly to obtain the sound of Hit or snare
so with a trigger signal
With what do you trigger it ?

EDIT : best english traduction (thx @Bitnik)

3 Likes

I know you like to know when your English is confusing. This one puzzled me for a bit.

The English idiom for this is “like radio static.” More literally we’d say “like the noise between radio stations.”

4 Likes

I read it fine, but my mind is no benchmark =D
He was referring to Eno’s phrasing

4 Likes

oh sorry I’m an idiot I didn’t pay attention and I put the wrong image on it :expressionless:
I put two 2.2nF capacitors in parallel and not in series :slight_smile:
it corresponds to this one: image

3 Likes

oh ok I must admit I’m a little disappointed with the result :confused:
I use the gate output of my keyboard

ok thanks for the advice :wink:

Test to try it with a square LFO, a square wave very slow or a clock signal, you need a very briefly signal to have this result

2 Likes