Two-&-Half-O-Matic

Sculpt-O-Sound presents Two-&-Half-O-Matic

I got myself a Behringer 2600 and wanted to control it via other gear such as a Behringer Crave. Most of the B2600 input and output signals span a range of -10 Volts to 10 Volts and its gate inputs want > 5 Volt to trigger.

The Behringer Crave can only deliver 5 Volt gate pulses and accepts -5 Volts to 5 Volts of input signals (the same goes for the Behringer K2 and Model D).

There are various ways to solve this discrepancy, but I decided to go for a dedicated solution as non of my other synths (so far), would need it.

So to interface the B2600 to the other semi modular world I designed a simple up/down converter. As usual I made two for the price of one. I added some LEDs and also made the inverted input signals available (for kicks). The top half of the module houses two times 0.5 amplifiers (+inverted input) and the bottom half two times 2 amplifiers (+inverted input). The op-amps are TL074s.

5 Likes

Cool! What did you use to mount your stripboard to the panel? Is that some kind of 3D printed part?

1 Like

Indeed, the front panel is 3D printed and the bracket that holds the stripboard’ as well.

1 Like