The UNVERIFIED Stripboard Lounge

Here is my very first Stripboard layout. It’s based on the schematic from the Arduino Mozzi FM VCO module by HAGIWO

Let me know if it looks ok!
Note from Hagiwo “To avoid partial pressure, the 330kohm resistor at the A7 terminal should be installed between V / oct and 100ohm.”

And the original schematic…

Links…

6 Likes

Please read:

3 Likes

Please add “NOT VERIFIED” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey guys,

after editing, here is my smaller version of Look Mum No Computers CEM(AS)3340-VCO. The way it was made, I thought it would fit better in my Eurorack Style case as my second 3340 VCO. But before I waste any parts, I thought you guys could first take a look at it and tell me what you think.

The reason why I’ve put the Pots on the Stripboard itself is, because like that, I don’t have to bother about it wobbling around in the back or something.
It’s just nicley in place (take a look at that pic, wow!).

Thanks in advance for helping me out <3
Ben

By the way, here is Sam’s Original Stripboard layout

5 Likes

A few more that will hopefully be verified soon… EnvGen8C envelope generator, and an AS3364 quad-vca.

8 Likes

Found an interesting compressor/limiter/clipper thingy. Might try to build this someday.

Page with some info (schem etc.): pira.cz/hyperlme.htm

5 Likes

Don’t forget to label it as unverified in the image please!

4 Likes

Ive just shrunk the Simple PT2399 Delay. Anyone want to double check it for me?
Ill be building it tomorrow so i guess we’ll see =D

Original:

Shrunk:

4 Likes

Quick update on the 2399 build.
Worked (as in nothing popped or let out the magic smoke) but is noisy without the 100nf caps in XD
learning now i need to bulk order some things.
Id say this shrunk down layout is half way verified =D

1 Like

Hey Guys, here is an update of my stripped down version of LMNC’s 3340 VCO (Post from 22 days ago):
I built the Stripboard Layout and it works beautifully. For everyone who wants to try it themselfs, here is the updated version. I did a connection mistake on the top right, it was the wrong line. But that was it.
Have fun trying it yourself <3

5 Likes

@BenForzato If it’s verified you can post it in this thread :wink:

It’s been a while since I did a strip board layout…decided to do the Thomas HenryXR-VCO. I bought a few of the chips in anticipation of building one and some of his other designs. I just like using unusual chips for VCOs.
I might just end up etching a board using the layout he made anyway, but we will see. I have never etched my own PCB before.

2 Likes

Just got myself ready to build a triple attenuator and found that the schematic I was going to use is no longer there on Thonk. Just taking a guess at it here… similar wiring for 2 and 3.

Edit: A quick google shows me that Gnd should go to pin 1 of the Pots and signal in goes to pin 3.
On to build and test =D

3 Likes

Google listened to and fix applied.
1u modular panel verified.

4 Likes

Working on a layout for @HAGIWO’s V2164 VCA. I am thinking there might be a way to shirk it down a bit more in width, I am just failing to see it. (Besides just removing the unused vertical rows.)

2 Likes

Heyo, this is not a stripboard but a breadboard-style permanent protoboard layout, I’ll assume it’s still fine to post it in this thread?

I am trying to port @HAGIWO’s DCO to @analogoutput’s protoboard, using a version that merges all 3 variants in a single module. This schematic and layout is cobbled together from various variants on this circuit. I made this layout but won’t have any atelier time to try it out for a little while, so you might catch mistakes or have useful comments in the meantime.

Links mentioned in the picture for your clicking enjoyment:

(external image link because forum upload is adding so much jaypegs it became unreadable)

Edit: mistake caught: Switch 1 and 2 wired to wrong pins

1 Like

Joke’s on you, apparently Discourse turned it into a local copy.

You can take the “Download” link, strip off the ?dl=1, and open it in a new tab and it comes up in full res.

https://lookmumnocomputer.discourse.group/uploads/short-url/kLz3BTktKiGGzd1qg5tueCB9UkY.png

D1 clamps the input to < ~5.2 V (and D2 clamps it to > ~-0.2 V), making it safer for the MCU (which has its own protection diodes, but arguably it’s better to use external ones). But why they do that on one CV input and not the others I have no idea.

3 Likes

But this time it grabbed the full original PNG! With direct upload it insisted that 1080p 60% quality ought to be enough for anybody.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s fine here =D
This is a place for all things unverified to make the verified thread more tidy and avoid more confusion =D

1 Like

Can anyone check this over before i make it?
Parts im not sure of… Where ‘TRI/SQR’ connect and the way ‘LFO OUT’ is connected.

Source: https://www.davidhaillant.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/lfo-1.5b-20210205.pdf

Stripboard Conversion:

3 Likes