The UNVERIFIED Stripboard Lounge

Ive had a go at slightly shrinking down the footprint of Sams Envelope Generator v2 AR/AD thingy and seem to be having an issue with the attack.
So far I’ve only manages to get a ‘laser’ type envelope out of it lol. As in no ATK and varying REL. Bewwwww!

I didn’t really change that much, just shifted the section in the top right over a bit and make a slight change to the bottom by adding a couple trace cuts.

Since trying this one out i also had another look at my first attempt of EnvGen v2 and it doesn’t work either lol going to retry that one tonight.

Are there any common troubleshooting things i should know?

3 Likes

Attack’s issue in this thread

on the @EddyBergman website :

“Triggering only works with short attack times”.

some others infos / mod here

2 Likes

I was researching the Arduino Minipops project when I stumbled upon the Arduino Solina project. There is already one stripboard layout in the Morocco Dave website but it isn’t so clear (and misses one resistor!) so I decided to make a better one. I also added voltage regulator to use it with regular guitar pedal power supply. Should be able to fit in 1590B with no problems.
Will likely stay unverified until summer 2023 as ATMEGA328s are out of stock nearly everywhere.

3 Likes

PM me, I think I have an extra. (I’m in US.)

3 Likes

I do too. (free samples)

4 Likes

I’m sure I have too for any UK builders

4 Likes

I might ask for the Atmegas later. It’s hight time I ordered more components anyways. There are many projects that are in progress currently and are missing parts.

wires wires wires

6 Likes

Looks like it’s hardly worth stripboarding that. I’d just deadbug it and hope for the best.

1 Like

Curious about this one. Might be good to include in the 808 clone

There’s some discussion starting here:

The 10k resistor on the left doesn’t do anything, the boost pot could connect directly to pin 2.

1 Like

What does deadbug mean?

I have lots of little stripboard off cuts, so I figured I’d try to put them to good use. I still need an amp since the berlin crisis one burned me, gonna try this weirdo one with what I can cannibalize off of the old one. Maybe I’ll skip one of the left 10k and I added an extra 1k at the output, basically I’ll see what happens. No bypass caps either but it’s not for making clean signals anyway…

4 Likes

Deadbug refers to building circuits without any circuit board or stripboard. Instead, components are soldered directly to eachother. “Dead Bug” is a term that describes any IC on it’s back, ideally for easy solder access.
Made a few fx deadbugged to the back of guitar pots etc and strongly recommend you try it AND most of my deadbug ICs use a chip socket as a support and allows me to swap out the chip. Enjoy

4 Likes

Found this interesting schem when looking at strange uses for CMOS chips. Passive distortion, not sure how well it works. I will build this soon but decided to already share the schem with simple layout. The part count is really low too.
electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49963

5 Likes

Don’t forget to connect inputs not in use to a known voltage to prevent potential oscillations.

4 Likes

Just built it and it does work in its own way. This is quite sputtery with most signals and needs hot signal to sound good. The 100n cap could be 100p or smaller, it does not seem to change the sound that much with bigger values. It clips VCO signals nicely though.

2 Likes

Hey - I’m thinking of putting together a non-modular paraphonic build based around the midimuso midi to CV, with 4 3340 voices each with their own envelope going in to one filter. I wanted just the wave outputs from the 3340, no sync or fm etc, and I wanted fine tune and square. I had a go at merging the CORE 3340 layout with the attack release bare bones layout, and adding in the fine tune and square to make a voice card.

I’d really appreciate someone familiar with those circuits having a quick skim to see if I’ve made any mistakes!

1 Like

I would add some details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, edited the pic!

2 Likes

Actually, I think I’m going to replace the envelope generator on the voice card with an LM358 version. I’ve attached this version here too.

Also had a go at creating a dual AD/AR layout using an LM324, based on the LMNC AD/AR and the schematic here. Easy, right? – Analog Output

Will try and get the Dual AD/AR built soon, as I have a couple of issues with the LMNC one I built.

1 Like