8 Likes

Nice, my order is in!

4 Likes

Wonderful, I’ve got one!

-Fumu / Esopus

4 Likes

No one had buy some in Europe ?

1 Like

I’m preparing an order to jlcpcb for this week.
Black Frontpanel + Red PCB (both in 1.6mm, too expensive to get frontpanels in 2.0mm)
Here’s what will be left for sale:

• 2x AO’s Busboard (12x(2x5) version)
  • 3x AO’s Quantizer set
  • 0x AO’s MikroKosmos set (I’ll keep all 5 for myself for experimentation with various springy things, so if you want some I’ll have to order more than 5)
  • 0x AO’s Protoboard (in white, not red) (just as above, I’ll keep all 5 for myself, but can order more)
  • 3x Maybe AO’s GateGrinder set (I’ll get them eventually, but maybe not yet) (3 left)

If there is enough interest for them, I can add any of the other public designs (in Kosmo format) from Analog Output, CTorp and d42kn355/cruxFX (and maybe others I don’t know of ?) to my order. I’ll get them anyway, a few every month to not blow up my budget… And keep 2 of each for myself, so 3 of each left for sale.

I’ll sell the leftovers at cost + 2 Euros per order for packaging + shipping from France (if you don’t live in the EU you better order direct from JLCPCB…).

Many thanks to the authors for sharing their great work !

5 Likes

cool thank you very much, I would be interested in only the PCB of the Quantizer if it is possible, if not with the panel but I would not use it as much as it serves someone :slight_smile:

1 Like

As the Quantizer PCB is “generic” (dac/ino), I can get 5 more for experimenting and sell one to you.

@analogoutput Can the Ginkosynthese Grains firmwares be adapted to dac/ino, or is the hardware way too different and would need a complete rewrite ?
I know the grains uses PWM and dac/ino has a “real” DAC, but that shouldn’t make a massive difference in the code… unless writing to the SPI DAC is to slow (vs the PWM register write) to keep up with the sample rate.

2 Likes

yes I would like that, thank you
keep us informed

1 Like

Not very familiar with Grains but… I mean, it’s an Arduino Nano, it’ll run the code, input pin assignments might have to be changed but that’s trivial. Question is the analog output. Synapse, the project dac/ino is based upon, was designed for control voltage output, not audio, and I have no idea if the DAC outputs are fast enough for what Grains is trying to do. Maybe you could use PWM — Grains writes PWM to pin 11 which is used in dac/ino to communicate with the DAC but if that can be changed to pin 6 or 9 those are available (one’s buffered and connected to a 2-pin Molex for an output jack, the other connects directly to a header or 8-pin Molex). Looks like Grains uses a hacky alternative to analogWrite and my guess is it can be made to work on pin 6 or 9 but I’m not sure. On Grains the PWM output is connected to a low pass filter, so doing it this way you’d probably want to bodge a resistor-capacitor network onto the output. Or not, the filter can be bypassed on Grains: “Bypassing the filter provides more clarity and a slightly louder output but more artifacts in the sound.”

Well, try it and report back!

Added: @sebastian was messing with a module that could run Grains sketches, apparently it worked but there were tuning issues. Probably a solvable problem. The hardware can be considerably simpler than dac/ino if it’s just running Grains.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info.
I’ll have a look once I get the PCBs.

2 Likes

The tuning issues were probably because of a broken Arduino! I will try with another one soon…

3 Likes

Does anyone in the Eu desire panel blanks?
I planned to release all the panel blank gerbers.
Figure now would be a good time lol

Let me know if you want the gerbers @eric

3 Likes

Blanks are evil :slight_smile:
You always need some to fill the holes in you case, just to replace them with modules a week later !
But yes, a few blanks, of different width, are always useful.

They’ll have to wait a couple of month to be manufactured until my budget will allow it.

I was thinking about a 10cm blank having 8 screw holes top and bottom, spaced as if it was 4x 25mm panels, to ease the drilling of the holes in the wooden rails. Hope this was clear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Blanks are great for DIY modules, not just for covering gaps! I realized after too long that I can buy Eurorack blank panels for about the same as all the other methods I’d tried for creating my own.

2 Likes

I have never tried to drill such big holes if FR4.
Maybe it works great, maybe not at all. It’s worth a try.
In any case, a really sharp drill is required for fiberglass based materials.

many have used my panels for DIY as well :slight_smile:
I think I made drill dots on the 10 and 5cm’s lol I can’t remember which

1 Like

One of d42kn355’s blank was accidentally out of stock and out of inconvenience I was gifted a dupe of the panel that looks like lookmumnocomputer’s pin set. They’re applicable when I ever decide to display both side. The open purpose of blanks spurs imagination. The first idea I had was getting blinking lights where the speed was CV and the pattern was generic to the blank’s internal components with lights blinking at different times.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

I’m definitely looking forward to more of the 10cm blanks. The dot pattern is rad.

1 Like

I drilled a switch-sized hole in my Splashback Delay panel and enlarged a couple of stupidly too small holes in one of my own panels using a Harbor Freight step drill and drill press and it presented no problems.

2 Likes