My build progress

Yeah, but these are anodized. They are costly for sure, but also really nice.

2 Likes

Something to be proud of for sure!

2 Likes

Thank you! Of Course you can ask. Here we go from the left to the right:
Roland System 100 LFO (simplest Version), Sams/Rene Schmitz MS-20 Filter (HP/LP Version), 3340 VCO (Sam’s core a few improvements like pots on the PCB and Eurorack plug), ADSR (Rene Schmitz), J-Fet VCAish Thing - does not close completely, you always hear a tone, unless you turn the gain control down. But it works until the 3360 chips arrive (CuSi Sound Channel, YouTube),LOW LOW (just Sams Simple Mixer with other input resistor values to bring my Korg Volca Sample to Synth volume level),Double Subber (Camelo Azzarello
actually created this sub oscillator circuit for the Behringer Crave, but it also works great on the modular), NoiZze (@EddyBergman ´s cool Noise Modul with 5 sorts of noise), AD/AR (Sams Attack Release 2.0 with push button and AD/AR switch ) Check out eddy’s page for a slightly more stable version with a 7555 chip. Delay (the first black one is Sams PT2399 Delay) I just tried something different on the design of this panel and I LOVE it :sunglasses:,
on @Dud `s soundbender side there is also a layout that works, oldschool with hand-painted stripboard layout, check it out :slight_smile:. ADSR (another ADSR from Rene Schmitz, same as the first). Mixer (Niklas RĂśnnbergs 5 Chanal Mixer with 2 Outputs).

And that’s it (for now :wink: ), you’re right, one could write a whole book about it. If anyone needs the layouts or links, just ask me.

@ChristianBloch hank you! Of Course you can ask. Here we go from the left to the right:
Roland System 100 LFO (simplest Version), Sams/Rene Schmitz MS-20 Filter (HP/LP Version), 3340 VCO (Sam’s core a few improvements like pots on the PCB and Eurorack plug), ADSR (Rene Schmitz), J-Fet VCAish Thing - does not close completely, you always hear a tone, unless you turn the gain control down. But it works until the 3360 chips arrive (CuSi Sound Channel, YouTube),LOW LOW (just Sams Simple Mixer with other input resistor values to bring my Korg Volca Sample to Synth volume level),Double Subber (Camelo Azzarello
actually created this sub oscillator circuit for the Behringer Crave, but it also works great on the modular), NoiZze (@EddyBergman ´s wonderful Noise Modul with 5 sorts of noise), AD/AR (Sams Attack Release 2.0 with push button and AD/AR switch ) Check out eddy’s page for a slightly more stable version with a 7555 chip. Delay (the first black one is Sams PT2399 Delay) I just tried something different on the design of this panel and I LOVE it :sunglasses:,
on @Dud `s soundbender side there is also a layout that works, oldschool with hand-painted stripboard layout, check it out :slight_smile:. ADSR (another ADSR from Rene Schmitz, same as the first). Mixer (Niklas RĂśnnbergs 5 Chanal Mixer with 2 Outputs).

And that’s it (for now :wink: ), you’re right, one could write a whole book about it. If anyone needs the layouts or links, just ask me.

@ChristianBloch they weren’t that expensive, I got 23 pieces of aluminum blanks in 129x34.5x2mm for 12.90 € including shipping.

6 Likes

I built the megadrone last night. I socketed the capacitors and have been messing with them.

And with that module built, I finally filled up the bottom case. I’ll likely swap the bottom right ADSR for the new compact mixer once I build that. I also have both @analogoutput Mikrokosmos modules installed and they just look and sound great.

What’s next? I may build another case. I may build a filtered bus board for the noisier eurorack modules. Not sure yet. For now, lots of noise is on the horizon.

12 Likes

I’ll be interested in hearing if that makes an improvement.

6 Likes

Dogscratch works!

Need to finish building it, but I’ve since added a white key (negative trigger) and they both work.
They trigger modular drums great too!

8 Likes

Workin on a thing today.

I’ve fallen in love with the idea of paper circuits for prototyping.

6 Likes

How does a paper circuit work? You’ve posted a few now. Is it just as simple as pushing the parts through the paper and soldering the legs together?

4 Likes

its a pcb skeleton basically. :slight_smile:
Its a fun way of prototyping without a breadboard. :slight_smile:
That above turned into this

(the links are just a reference image)
I will then take this and put it into KiCAD and make my silkscreen and place my components etc.
Then it will be ready for either PCB or Paper Circuit style.

You can solder the legs together, or run bus wire.
I like a mixture of both :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I found this LINK the other day and was wondering why no one is using this method. it is absolutely brilliant, you print it out and stick it on the strip board (it fits exactly) and you know where the components are going. Absolutely awesome in my opinion !!

4 Likes

How did you build the amp+speaker module?

2 Likes

oh now thats freakin cool too!!!

2 Likes

Very cool site. I love the idea of paper and veroboard. I’m wondering if we could scale the existing stripboard diagrams we have to make building modules even easier.

1 Like

Yeah, thats the point it would be so much easier whith it and by the way it looks fantastic !

Another by the way, Colin Benders is going crazy live on his modular right now !

2 Likes

Got the LED Driver workin in the DOGSCRATCH :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s a mashup of a busted marshal mini amp and speakers from a busted Yamaha keyboard.

3 Likes

tri -> sine waveshaper

See reddit discussion

based on Thomas Henry design

Currently fiddling with the input cap to improve “roundness”

EDIT: 1ÎźF ceramic capacitor provided sufficient roundness

9 Likes

Nice! I’m using the same design and have really good results!

Working on an envelope follower:

9 Likes

Another test - into MI Braids 1V/Oct and Timbre Modulation

5 Likes