My build progress

Kinda surprised it doesn’t come out too thick for the pots’ screw shafts, but I guess it doesn’t!

1 Like

the L channel is only 1/6" thick [ looks thicker in the picture ]

2 Likes

1/16", I assume? (otherwise I’d say it looks thinner in the picture :grinning:)

3 Likes

What about the giant wall of shame I constructed by eating thousands of calories worth of Easter Candy? WE DON’T EVEN HAVE CHILDREN! Sorry to hear about the income loss though. I’ve had a little bit of survivors guilt watching a bunch of my neighbors try to come up with projects to do around the house while my wife and I go about our day jobs from the comfort of home.

3 Likes

my wife is still doing stuff [ not really stuff that was her job ] for work at home. I might get unemployment benefits . not sure though , I work as a subcontractor and its been impossible to get through to them . but I was lucky and had everything paid this month and should be able to pay next month with that federal stimulus thing . just no extra for savings and hobbies :frowning_face: .

2 Likes

Built my first case. Not happy with wood rails, anyone know who sells kosmo compatible slide nut rails 1 meter or longer?

6 Likes

Unemployment is super backed up right now keep trying! I just got my standby approved. Off till at least May 4. You get the regular money from the state plus there’s going to be extra 600 from the feds per week. They also changed the rules so self employed and others who normally wouldn’t be eligible can get it.

3 Likes

that would be nice . though I would rather be working , haven’t done movies in a few years because they killed the tax incentive . but we just started a movie that was supposed to be a 3-4 month run . so I was back working with old friends making great money and having fun, but it got shut down 2 weeks in :frowning_face: . they are supposedly going to get back into it as soon as its safer and ok with the gov. .

2 Likes

@devicex I feel you. They did the same to us in GA (me n the wife did sound and craft service when it was booming). Somehow Governors dont realize that the only reason they film here is the tax incentives. Even though a lot of income comes flooding into the state, they get greedy and shit in the bin.

Also quit doing it cause the wife was constantly being harassed at work and the union didnt do shit. I dont need that shit in my life lol.

3 Likes

we kinda hijacked the “my build this weekend thread” so here is to getting back on it , got one of the VCO’s wired up and it works :+1: .

7 Likes
2 Likes

I was recently got a bunch of mfos stuff but didn’t get the vco since I have three lmnc. How does it sound?

2 Likes

like a VCO . honestly I haven’t really tried it in a proper modular set up . just plugged into my monitors to confirm they work .

2 Likes

Ive built the echofxx (same 2399 chip that’s gonna be in Sam’s delay) and the ring mod is done except for the 10$ IC lol. I also got the delayed modulation, the multipurpose module, and spring reverb. But I haven’t gotten a reverb tank for it yet.

2 Likes

so this may sound strange , but I have built over 3 dozen MFOS boards and a dozen of Sam’s boards in the last 6 months or so plus boxes to put them in . I like getting the packages in the mail sorting and filing the parts away , getting my list, pulling and labeling the parts . then soldering, assembling the modules it is a real Zen sort of thing . as much as I would like to play with the modules , the making stuff work and calibrating really pisses me off when it shit doesn’t work . so I guess I have been kinda putting that part off. but this past week I have finally built the power supplies and so this coming week I am going to make it happen.wish me luck. I know this sounds like something I should take up with a therapist LOL. thanks for all help you guys have been great !

4 Likes

I am terrible at getting most of the way and then not finishing a job…

7 years restoring a car and not getting the last jobs doen then let it rot again for the next 9 years and finaly sold it…

5 years building a kit car, and 5 years with it still sitting in the garage…

6 months setting up all the hardware for a home VOIP setup… Never got it finished although it’s still online…

2 months building a racing drone, never flew it.

So I am a little worried with the synth stuff, that if it does not work I am going to loose interest,…

5 Likes

Back in the 1990s I started to build an ASM-1 synth. Got a little way into it, got busy with other stuff, never got back to it.

Back around 2010 I started building a Weird Sound Generator. About three years later I “finished” it in the sense that I got it to the point where it was making weird sounds, but there were a few additional tweaks I intended to make. Seven years later I never have.

I guess that’s one good thing about modular synths, a module is a small enough project that you can finish it before getting sidetracked… no, wait, I did get sidetracked in the middle of two modules for eight months last year, never mind…

4 Likes

I keep linking to the first minute of Kristian Blåsol’s MIOW project intro:

4 Likes

Ok, it’s not weekend, and the build isn’t fully populated, so I’m mostly posting this to motivate myself to finish it within a not too distant future :slight_smile:

(I’m also posting it to spot the kind of issues you don’t notice until you publish a photo of your work, but ok, I noticed the “FREQ” earlier. oh well, this is the initial revision so some weirdness can be expected.)

7 Likes

every day is the weekend for most of us, for now :upside_down_face:

3 Likes