My build progress

Every time you post, it makes me cry at the elegance.

5 Likes

Take a close look at the cap on the lower right, the footprint on the boardā€™s not big enough so the adjacent resistor is crowded almost onto the output pads. Heā€™s human after all.

4 Likes

Yeah, I screwed up that one :woman_facepalming: ā€“ and doubly so since I forgot to solder that resistor at first, and when I got to the cap and realized that I had to fit the resistor in there too Iā€™d already trimmed the capacitor legs, so couldnā€™t put the resistor under the cap. Iā€™ve verified that the headers still fit, though, so good enough for this first board :smile:

(thereā€™s only six nine things on the TODO list for revision 2 this far, but admittedly thatā€™s before any serious electrical testing. But it could be worse :smiley:)

EDIT: The exponential converter doesnā€™t work properly. Annoying. But gave me some ideas that might help people debug MS20 output levels.

EDIT II: That was yet another obviously misconfigured opamp. I really need to add ā€œverify that opamp topologies make at least some senseā€ to my PCB design checklist :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Talking about screwups: I worked on my Euclidean sequencer yesterday and I had to widen the holes for the LED rings, because I donā€™t have M2 screws. Turns out that the screws now conduct between the layers (top and bottom, I assume) and I made a short! -.- Waiting for nylon screws now. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

very nice !! ā€¦

1 Like

Ok, itā€™s not weekend now either, but I finally got around to wrap up the MS20 build and just finished testing it.

Two routing mistakes (both with simple work arounds), and some silkscreen silliness. So do I build another one on this PCB, or do I order new ones? Decisions, decisionsā€¦ :thinking:

5 Likes

I think we can all agree this thread is now where we all post our projects regardless of the time. Im going to change the thread name from ā€œMy build this weekendā€ to ā€œMy build progressā€. If we want to revert it back, or a better name comes up ill change accordingly.

5 Likes

How about:
ā€œMY BUILD, B*TCHES!ā€

1 Like

Batches? :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Iā€™m still missing a few components, but it keeps going

8 Likes

Of course! What else could it be? :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I gotta ask, what exactly are ya workin on? What are the 3D printed parts for

4 Likes

Prototype in progressā€¦ Anyone care to have a stab at what is in my crazy mindā€¦ A clue will be that the Nano will eventually be replaced with a mega.

Spent a fair amount of time over the last week doing the Symbol and footprint for the AS6408. Quite pleased with myself.

Rob

6 Likes

Mini ADSRs are finally complete:

7 Likes

Are those flat LEDs? Did u just sand em down? @ChristianBloch

3 Likes

Theyā€™re flat. I only had one set of the yellow ones and the red ones arenā€™t quite wide enough. I got the yellow ones locally from Anchor Electronics, but they donā€™t have them online so Iā€™ll have to wait till they reopen to get more. I donā€™t do phone calls.

3 Likes

I like the extra detailsā€¦leds, black switches, black hex mounting screws
@ChristianBloch

3 Likes

Thanks, I really enjoy those things as well :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Some would call it a luxury, but I feel it is worth the expense

9 Likes

The yellow things in these the above pictures are 3D printed ā€œpolypanelsā€ that Iā€™m using as PCB carriers. With enough building blocks, you can snap together anything from simple test rigs to experimental gadgets:

(the sharp-eyed observer might recognize these panels from the mini megamachine, which used MIDI and LED matrix panels :slight_smile:)

(several sharp-eyed observers have also pointed out that the ones in this picture are in fact red, not yellow :smiley:)

12 Likes