My build progress

Great work !! @heckseven

2 Likes

latest wine box filler, must drink more wine!

8 Likes

Nice work Robeaurt :slight_smile: !

3 Likes

was frustrated with trying to use software layout programs so I just printed out the graphics and did the lettering with a label maker glued those to a sheet of paper in a 20cm x whatever grid . scanned that . sized the print out so it would be 20 cm tall then printed that on colored paper sealed it with a hot plastic sheet laminator spray glued that to the drilled alum. blank . the " art " work is just doodle scribbles on the original layup . don’t really have a file for it not sure it would scale right for euro rack as far as the spacing is concerned. should probably do a video on this one of these days .

8 Likes

Yeah. Basically, software is crap at this. If you want something that works and has a character you can live with, buy art supplies and learn how to use them. I don’t know any graphic design method that doesn’t start by sucking the love and the life out of you. Just get up there and splash stuff around!

Edit: I’m a recovering software engineer. My genius son taught me everything I know about relaxing and letting the music flow.

2 Likes

The artwork on the green panel looks sort of monty python-esque to me. Cool!

3 Likes

Yes, it’s really good.

1 Like

I do something very similar. It’s just quicker and you get a better feel.

1 Like

VCA and Wavefolder done!

I really like the reverse mount LED! But I need to work on that backlight behind my logo

9 Likes

I’m working on a Serge Triple Wave Shaper, and started with the panel ( and yes, I’m 2 connectors short, but I’ve already ordered them weeks ago, so they should arrive any day ).

It consists of 3 sections that are basically equal. They can be used individually or linked in series using the switches.

3 Likes

I like the idea of the print being the module’s panel. So you can really get in touch with the electronics :wink:

3 Likes

Hot glue over the LEDs and over your entire logo. It will help diffuse the light more evenly.

4 Likes

Oh I didn’t think about that! I’ll give it a try!

2 Likes

What kind of wave folder did you make?

The one from adamski: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eOHgdN3yRS4 and also this one: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V064Bgy6Deo

I’m really happy with the one from organfairy, it’s a simple design and it work well

2 Likes

Adamski in his video talks a bit of experimenting with the resistor values. Also from his schematic you can see that the stages he repeats are not all the same. What configuration did you end up using? Could you upload a schematic ( maybe a picture of a hand drawn version, so it does not take you too much time ) showing the schematic you ended up building?

1 Like

That’s my schematic:

Pretty much the same values as Adamski I think.
But this one still needs some tweaking, like removing the DC offset. I’ll do that once I’m done with the VCO!

4 Likes

Of course, this is also a good method. I wanted to do that with the laminating first, but the plexiglass made it unnecessary because it is transparent.
And as @Bitnik already says, these graphics programs get me down. I have now tried 3 different ones just to get multiple designs on a single sheet. One exported the font incorrectly, the other incorrectly measured the dimensions … what a shit … But I need to get multiple designs on a single piece of adhesive because it’s expensive … well, we’ll get the results in a few days to see when I’ve built the first aluminum panels.

1 Like

I’m pretty satisfied with Inkscape, except for the output. No matter what I try, whether I print from Inkscape or send it to a PDF and then print that, the resolution is bad: sloped and curved edges are jagged. Possibly that’s my OS or printer driver, not Inkscape, I’m not sure. But if I export to png and then print that, the results are fine.

4 Likes

Sounds like a 3rd party print driver required. Used a lot in publishing.

1 Like