My build progress

Cool! I’ve been meaning to try out that sub oscillator design, but I’ve nearly finished my first case and don’t know where it would live :frowning:

2 Likes

Is there a stripboard layout for the AD / AR or is it the one from Sam?

2 Likes

Sam has made an adar stripboard layout. I built it with a big button trigger, works well enough.

1 Like

Oh, its a tiny tiny Circuit on Stripboard it takes only 15x11 Holes !

2 Likes

I need something when i push a button on the beatstep the tone should stay a bit, with sams Layout i´ve only got high tones ?! Maybe I made something wrong

1 Like

Yeah! that makes it even worse that I don’t have any room for it haha. It’s more the front panel space. Oh well, guess I’ll just have to start the next case :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think that’s the only way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nevermind. I answered my own question. :slight_smile: I had to think outside of the pot box because in my mind the knobs must always go to the left of the first leg. (see image) (yes, I have some self-diagnosed OCD about things being just so… :laughing: ) Carry on with your bad ass creation! :wink:

knob-rotations

4 Likes

I realized that the combined width of my Neutron and Model D is exactly 150 HP—also the exact width of the new case I built. Incidentally, their side panels are within a hair of the width of the wood I used for my case. Obviously, the only logical thing to do was lopping the head off an M3 screw and combining them to form a new bottom row:

6 Likes

What you describe is an envelope. The AD/AR would work, the components are easily available.

Here is the stripboard layout sam made.

Send the gate out of the beatstep to the gate in jack, and connect the envelope out to what you want to control with the envelope (volume, pitch, or even cutoff frequencies on a filter!)

Here is the link to the video sam talks about it:

5 Likes

Some blanks (and other goodies) arrived today via @d42kn355. I also wrapped up the fart box build.

8 Likes

yes like said @Caustic, it’s a Sam’s stripboard :wink:
just add cap and switch for Long/Short select

2 Likes

A Dual Stomp Box Adaptater

7 Likes

Fuzz war and mastotron done

11 Likes

Nice! Fuzz War is such a sick fuzz

2 Likes

Yeah i really like it. It sounds much less compressed than the usual big muff style circuit. However i’m not even sure which version i actually built. It seems there are several different ones with 4 or 7 transistors, 2 or 3 knobs and so on …

3 Likes

Ah no way, I’ve only ever seen the 3 knob version. Maybe some people leave off the volume control? Do you have the schem/layout for one you built anywhere? I’d like to give it a go some time

2 Likes

It’s this one

From here:
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Death-By-Audio-Fuzz-War-td2760.html

5 Likes

It says v1 but somewhere else i found a 7 transistor layout from 2011 which also claimed v1:D

1 Like

Oh and i used 1n60 diodes

1 Like