My build progress

haha, no way. The link to Fuzz Dog on the forum you posted seems to think the 7 transistor layout came first, and is harder to get working. I’ll try out the 4 version some time - the project list is getting pretty long but it’s easy to find time for a good fuzz

3 Likes

Metal braking is harder than it looks like it’s going to be

…but this will do the job I think:

(I actually made it for my RD-8 but that’s back in the hutch and hard to photograph, while this was light and easy enough to slide under it there.)

6 Likes

thought you were making a cow bell synth module at first before I scrolled down . :grinning:

4 Likes

Well, that would be the thing to do this week…

3 Likes

Muh!

(a somewhat accidental side project of Swiss minimalist synth duo Schaltkreis Wasserman: Psychotron | Schaltkreis Wassermann)

3 Likes

The math is apparently way more temperamental with an LFO… lol
Crashes almost instantly when adding it to its standard pitch bend sections.
Added some resistances and it was neat for like 5 min… lol.
Had to keep hard resetting the poor thing.

Will try it with the Read… maybe time to buy another spell lol.

6 Likes

I finished my new envgen (based on Kassutronics again)! It has only Attack, Release and Sustain. Decay is set via the Release as well (they are always the same).
I botched the labels, they are way to close to the potentiometers and then vanish behind the knobs -.-

I put almost everything on the “inside”, so the components are between the main pcb and the panel, which protects them a bit more and looks a bit cleaner. I bought the wrong capacitor though, which is for 100V and hence so big, I could only fit it on the back :laughing:

asr

I put the LEDs behind the panel this time and made it transparent in this spot. I like the effect quite a lot, but you can not really see that there are two, one for the gate/trigger itself and one for the resulting envelope signal. Maybe I will change the color of one of the leds.
For the next version I want to add an inverted output in order to use it for a sidechain. And I need to see, if the design with the combined decay, sustain is right for me.

11 Likes

Again a VCA in the box

10 Likes

Lookin nice man, the heart is badass! I got your filter loaded up to go on my next order

6 Likes

that heart is freaking awesome lol

3 Likes

Where can I order these?

3 Likes

Should this be the Speak And SpeLfo :wink:

4 Likes

a Buffered Multiple with 2 positions (2 x 1 input with 3 out or 1 x 1 input with 6 out)

a little patch with it

5 Likes

…aaaaand WE’RE OFF!

I figure if I just solder one component a day for the next year and a half, I’ll cut down on the likelihood of fatigue-related errors and GODDAMIT I PUT THAT IN BACKWARDS…
Fine, mr. diode, be polar…

There. All fixed. What component should I do tomorrow…?

9 Likes

Oof the first component too!

At least you noticed!

Dont be like me and get the chips the wrong way round. Somehow i put them on the wrong side on my adsr at first.

3 Likes

We have a thread for that.

7 Likes

One of the most popular threads.

2 Likes

Dear fellow Kosmologists.

The spaceship is in the loading bay and ready to launch.

I see a bit of funkiness on the falling edge of the pulse/square, but I think Caustic figured this out in another thread.

Still testing, I need to add a few resistors to the trimmer - all I had was a 20k so I need to bring that down to 10k per the schem. I plan to build one or two more 3340s but fully featured. I saw a Sine shaper add on which I’d like to incorporate as well.

Very excited to start the panel design.

This is a farewell to my IRL social life.

6 Likes

What is the module sitting on the table that has the red buttons on it? (far right of this image)

@binarymob - do you have a link for the sine shaper mod you found for the 3340?

3 Likes

That’s a Bastl Synapsis connected to my SoftPop. It’s effectively a way to add buttons to the tiny patches there in grid format. I was thinking it might be fun to make a similar panel in Kosmo format. Perhaps with switches as well.

4 Likes