My build progress

Lol that’s so cool!
And anyway ‘proper’ materials are so expensive right now.

Wow, this is great, I guess you always have fun building it! Nice idea.
How did you mount the panels to the lego?

1 Like

For what I can see, they are just held between two plates.
See the two “antennas” on top ?
The red one goes on the bottom of the orange module at the right of top row.
The black one goes on top of the same module.
No screws, no glue, pure Lego, congrats !

2 Likes

Love this.

What are these?

1 Like

you are correct i removed the ones one the edge

that is a version of scope-o-matic

1 Like

The only quibble I have with the Barton is in the threshold for trigger inputs. I’m not a fan of 0.01 volts, because a lot of circuits can’t do that, so I use the Nonlinear Circuits threshold of “about 1 volt”. So the voltage divider of the threshold I changee from 1K over 100 K to 10K over 110K-ish. And I have a solution to the QTLFO startup probelm that I have been too lazy to post, but it involves the fact that opamps saturate a a lower relative to ground voltage in the negative direction that the positive, so some resistor has to be changed so the circuit keeps switching once it powers up.

You wouldn’t want to be seen, green …

(W of Oz)

I decided to give my Valve-O-Matic valve casters a new face plate. Here is the new (LHS) next to the old (RHS).

I added as a background an opaque version of a picture showing the insides of a valve.

9 Likes

I find it much more beautiful ! (i like your wood panel style)

… I can still see some green ah ah

6 Likes

Ah, that module is next on the list.

2 Likes

and after that there will only be one left to transform, if I see correctly :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is progress on my retake of a polysynth based on the voice cards I’ve build last year. I already get some voltages out of the DAC. I’m still waiting for some parts (damn you UPS). Also an interface is still completely missing.

6 Likes

Looking good, feels like it stepping up another level in DIY synth world.

1 Like

Besides the 8 voices, what’s the difference and what are the DACs for? Is it going to be Programmable?

1 Like

Exactly, this is an 8 channel DAC and all parameters of the voice cards are controlled by the MCU. User interface will be some freely programmable rotary encoders.

1 Like

Cool, I’ve done a few like that using 8 channel and 2 channel DACs instead of the usual sample and hold circuits. It’s actually a lot easier although more expensive than the sample and hold single DAC method, my Stratus VCDO build uses 6x 8 channel 16 bit DACs for control, I just had them spare. And my Moog Source based clone has 20 dual channel 12 bit DACs for control.

3 Likes

I‘m also using hold capacitors with this 8ch/16-bit DAC. It’s just too much parameters. My hope is that it’s fast enough to have software envelope and LFO, at least for some parameters.

Good luck with that, I have never tried software envelopes or LFO before although in theory it should be possible, the P600 which is 30 years old running on a Z80 had dual software envelopes and and LFO and the Teensy 2 LC that replaced it was capable too,

1 Like

Boards arrived today for a couple of projects , tbe kosmo version of polykits dco, and jack board. Not sure the jack board is worthwhile , but adds jackage… The mechanicals o.the main board are good.

Revisiting my midi thru filter after a year or so, original had spacing issues and other faults and joined the scrap pile. Hopefully resolved the issues

Seems to be a tiny amount of kreep on the spacing but will live with it

Old nano midi shield on left, built version centre, and a more practical version on the right.

7 Likes

Hold on,

Wheres my silk screen refs gone for the pin headder

3 Likes