My build progress

Well, as long as the one way is the right way.

(For me, once, it wasn’t. New and wrong bus board. But the three VCOs I was trying to power all had diodes.)

2 Likes

better safe than sorry …

1 Like

I’m using 4 pin JST-SM connectors, sold most commonly for RGB LED strips. The colour order of the wires on all the premade connectors is uniform (maybe because there’s one factory in China churning them out by the tonne, more likely because they’re used professionally by sign makers, etc). Red is +12v, blue is -12v - like on a thermometer, so I can remember that - black is ground and green is 5v for where I need it.

Rather than plugging into a board, it’s male-to-female connectors on leads, and they’re keyed and latch to each other. I’d argue it’s a better connector than the Eurorack one because it’s more suited to power distribution than ribbon cables - but that’s just me :grinning:

4 Likes

10 Likes

Just finished a Mult, thanks @sebastian for the PCB+panel

6 Likes

Gosh, that’s an intense build. Bravo!

3 Likes

OOoo naughty … We have a litterature genre in Sweden called ‘Tantsnusk’ - sordid stories for spinsters.

Have to do some soldering before I show my latest achievments.

My Kosmo instance of microdexed touch reached a presentable state… i think i have a faulty pcm5102 sound board in there because the module is silent but i’ll solve that problem when the replacement has arrived…

10 Likes

Very interesting project.
Did you get the PCB from PCBWay? How much did it cost?
What screen are you using? Where did you get it from?

2 Likes

yes, i got it from pcbway. i only changed the color. the fabing was less than the transport.

Great project and they also have a forum with nice an supportive people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I must have fed Kosmo after midnight or got it wet or something…

18 Likes

Nice! I like the practicality of the 2 row boxes.

Now you must fill them ALL!!!

4 Likes

Broke out the soldering iron. One of these Pico’s is for that (Not So) Super Simple MIDI Keyboard I’ve been working on.

The other two are for other MIDI related projects I’ve decided to have a play around with. Just waiting on a few more components before I can solder the rest of the MIDI input/output stuff onto two of these proto boards.

That will then free up the other Pico and the terminal block board for further projects.

6 Likes

Oh, it won’t be long before I am needing more case.

2 Likes

I’m working on something similar.

It’s an RP2040 based board but with 16MB of flash memory and an I2S DAC board.
I’m getting familiar with the RP2030 and CircuitPython while trying to make an LMNC Big Button sequencer with a built-in wav trigger.

10 Likes

Just a few tweaks and this sequencer is ready to build. Here’s its first sound test! Planning to make a PCB for this one. I’m not working particularly fast, I’m more concerned with understanding the circuits than with getting a usable instrument ASAP.

4 Likes

Going through the slightly daunting task of setting up the panel layout for my SSI2130 VCO

10 Likes

I have no idea what this is but it looks incredible

2 Likes

Setting up a glamour shot of my latest 3d printed trinket in context reminds me i’ve actually built a decent amount of stuff since i got started with SDIY half a year ago:

I’ve been focused on learning more than on actual concrete results (I already have a computer with way too many good softsynths when i need to write a song, so i don’t feel the need to get SDIY results fast), but that’s still some good progress, and there’s only a third of all the stuff I’ve built this year in this shot.

Also, I’m working on a PCB version of what it’s on this breadboard (Moritz Klein’s take on the Baby-8, with lots of bells and whistles):

6 Likes