My build progress

Mmm, crunchy!

7 Likes

did you add the mod? I see an extra switch :smiley:

2 Likes

To be honest I copied the idea from a .pdf I found deep on one of my HDD. There is a big rambling write up on it though. I can email the .pdf to you if you like. I couldn’t find a files section on here to post it.

Are you thinking of the delay? Then yes, but this is the VCADSR :smiley:

3 Likes

You might post the text bit here that says something about the diode?

2 Likes

I hope this helps Jos. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whole thing here

6 Likes

oh derp i got my numbers mixed up lolol but sweet glad youre adding that lol.
mmm i need me a new ADSR in euro for sure so that’s awesome!!

Sucks that @CTorp is currently bogged down with work - he made a lovely recreation of the quad VCA as well! you 2 should totally do that one together lol :slight_smile:

But I can’t wait for yours hehe. Imma want the full set, you knowwww this hehe :slight_smile:

are you gonna be doing literally all of Sams in Euro? :smiley:

3 Likes

Josh,

Since the Euros are coming I wish it would be time that the idiosyncrasy of all the Kosmo numbers clears up for me. There’s logic to #1113 and #1114 as they’re a succession: filters. There’s similar logic to #1145; #1148 (they’re modulators,) #1153; #1157; #1158 (they’re envelopers,) #1161; #1163 (they’re multipliers and summers,) #1171 (assuming more than this exist that are little helpers,) #1181; #1183/1183.5/1184 (they’re vcamplifiers,) and #1222 (assuming more of than this exist they’re oscillators.) I can sometimes speculate, like the #2399 is the number of the IC driving it, but on the whole I haven’t figured the logic of the numbers of the rest. It would be assuring to know how #1007 and #2001 expand on the Kosmuniverse number system.

-Fumu / Esopus

4 Likes

Sorry, crazy weekend, yes:

This is it so far, although parts just arrived to complete two new modules:

There’s an uncomfortable no-man’s-land between deciding to do this, and finally having enough modules to interact with each other to make test results meaningful… almost there…

15 Likes

This started as a version of Hagiwos Additive VCO, but I think that currently only row from code of that is an array of values for V/oct -input. And also I can use this for any Arduino Nano noisemaker, there’s seven potentiometers for analog inputs and two of them have also CV in summed through attenuator. Three of the switches are on/off and one is three position kind.
I managed to mess up the schematic by connecting the Gate input tip to the switch pin instead of the real one. Nice to debug it as everything measures fine until you insert the plug in there. And also the Gate in is only input or control that when not working causes complete silence :smiley:

But there’s lot to do code-wise. Like trying to implement midi input.

16 Likes

Well, let’s see how far I get :joy:. I was working on the splashback, but figured it better to space out the most exciting ones a bit with other modules necessary to complete a full voice. Adding the VCADSR to the #1222 and #1114 makes a three module voice, so that’s why this one now.

9 Likes

Sams says the numbers are just made up, but you have drawn some conclusions.

Really great! If you have some preliminary sound examples, I am happy to hear them! Also: What kind of filter did you go for? (we were discussing about that in the other thread)

1 Like

Yes yes.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

A bad one. Or currently just two passive low pass filters (with capacitors selected by traditional method of “I forgot to buy them and used what I happened to have”), buffer, and passive high pass filter. For next version I’ll change it to one passive low pass filter (with quite high frequency limit), followed by high pass and then buffer and then a proper active Sallen-Key filter. Which I’ll just tune by ear after calculating some base values.
I could have done that already for this, but… Well, I would anyway want to do a version where midi-connector is on the pcb. I somehow expected it to be much deeper than the potentiometers, but seems that it fits there just fine.

4 Likes

Two new PCBs have arrived, Quad VCA (schematics more or less from LMNC) and a dual balter gate delay (inspired by @Dud). Tomorrow is soldering day, I hope :wink:

9 Likes

I’m not sure if it counts as progress, but … My BigButton i thought was bust… Actually works!

Though it does seem to be a bit odd, clock seems too fast or I’ve got the step length set wrong. Similar to the 8step which seems to take a clock signal and go ‘yeah that’s good and all but I like double time’ haha

4 Likes

Mad Science looms large in your space

2 Likes

Question: 220 or 1k on the LM13700’s in the Reverb Module?
What is the result of that swap?

1 Like