My build progress

so much for that get this stuff done and take a break . glad to see you keeping going , you do come up with some useful stuff for sure .

3 Likes

Iā€™m taking a break from soldering. Until something else solderable turns up.

9 Likes

I might sell the ones i have and get yours instead!

3 Likes

Built the Theremon kit over the weekend:

Once it was complete I hooked it up to my system - ran it through a filter controlled by an expression pedal and a gate seaquence:

Lotā€™s of fun.

Cheers

10 Likes

Look amazing!!

These kosmo format?

1 Like

WOW these look amazing! These all your own design and kosmo build?

1 Like

keen on this as well, sounds like a great idea for a kosmo module!

• new pannels with srew mounts for the round modules (white in the background)
  • finished my #2700 TwinT (hidden by the fartbox)
  • created an overlay for my (new) fartbox with holes to access the trimmes i built in front facing
  • used the overlay as tempate for a pannel to house the old (currently not perfectly working) fartbox
11 Likes

Haha thanks! Yes, most of the electronics are public community projects, some of them modified and some my own schematics, but the design is all hand-made and yes, Kosmo format of course! :slight_smile: (although the rail mounting hole is a bit off w.r.t. specs, since I prefer those heavy duty Adam Hall rails)

4 Likes

Love the whole look of it, great work

2 Likes

Very nice. I ended up adding some more functionality to mine. A quick tap to double to BPM, a reset, and an adjustable multiplier to change the output frequency (eg: 4X is the default, so it puts out 1/16 notes so it tracks correctly with other modules and controllers). I like the idea of an output buffer thereā€¦Mine doesnā€™t have one and I killed one of the outputs.

1 Like

Precisely none of which is in mine! (So far.) I thought about the multiplierā€¦ wouldnā€™t be hard to do I guess. (He said confidently.) I thought about the reset but wasnā€™t sure how useful itā€™d be. I do have a clock stop/start, and when it re-starts it resets to all clock divisions starting off together.

Mind if I ask how? The ATMEGA pins have protection diodes so should be reasonably robust ā€” if thereā€™s a series resistor, anyway.

1 Like

I am not exactly sure how I killed the pin. I think I had it hooked to a drum module I was building to trigger it and hit something else and probably sent 12V into it. I am good at killing stuff like that. (Itā€™s what I did to my Korg Monotron Dual).

A stop start would be pretty helpful. Probably more useful than the tap temp, for me anyway.
Something else I thought about adding as a user set-able default BPM, but never did that.

Here is my code: Google Drive: Sign-in

euro rack . from Kassutronics . nice little modules easy build, decent documentation.

2 Likes

I actually managed to draw mostly finished schematic, but thereā€™s many component values I need to just experiment to get right. And itā€™s getting much more complicated than I first thought, as I get derailed and ā€œwould this be a nice thing to addā€. Getting covid last month really delayed many projects. I could do some woodwork and build diy-kits, but brain fog was just so dense for couple of weeks, that I used all my higher thinking capacity during work-days. And couple of recording projects got really delayed. Have you ever tried to sing when your lungs donā€™t work?

4 Likes

if thwow this is fantastic and well done , just amazinf workman ship for a very full yes full front panel ey dont have it, Excess Solutions down by alma and spartan stadium has alot , they are off 7th street

oh damn, that me want. lol (envelope follower)

I use mine all the time on the coco for modulations with my voice through the XLR port lol
would love a follower for KOSMO :smiley:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the thing, Iā€™d think with a series resistor in place the ATMEGA protection diodes would be able to handle that. Maybe I need to try doing that deliberately and see. Experimenting on defenseless Nanos. Whatā€™s wrong with me?

Iā€™ve got a multiplier working on my clock now. And I sped up the timing (it was already changed over to a timer interrupt system), and now on a quick look it appears it can generate 208 beats per minute multiplied by 24 pulses per beat (thatā€™s just under 5000 pulses per minute), at 95% pulse width, and looks rock steady!

7 Likes

Theyā€™re way too expensive for that these days :scream:

4 Likes

You must have a couple dozen spares, right? Iā€™ll let you do it.

2 Likes