My build progress

Yeah, I thought those rainbow rubber bands were pretty neat :rainbow:

3 Likes

Finished my #1158:

Tip!: If you find yourself fresh out of 78L05, 78M05 works fine :grinning:

11 Likes

Emerged from DIP socket hell

10 Likes

nice , glad to see your frustration over on this one. heck given all the modules you did at once , the fixes haven’t been many at all .

2 Likes

One more to go and then I can hibernate again! Until those trimmers get restocked.

4 Likes

lol , time to play with everything you’ve built !

2 Likes

Last of the seven!

12 Likes

where’s snow white?

4 Likes

That’s what the trimmers are for

2 Likes

Kosmo Clouds adaption is almost done (some soldering of the big jacks is still on the todo) :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Now Clouds in Kosmo is exciting. Good work Sebastion.

2 Likes

Nice. where did you get it? They don’t make those anymore.

1 Like

Got it from eBay, it’s built by tunefish, I think. There are a few people who still built MI clones and they sell them over eBay. Now I am looking for Rings as well :wink:

4 Likes

And I started a new case!

13 Likes

I also built one half of mutable ears yesterday, I might call it Van Gogh :wink:
So, the envelope follower stuff is still missing, but I already noticed that I can not use it with a cheap Sure SM58 clone :frowning: Apparently they need a lot of gain? Can I just crank up the gain in the opamp or does this kind of microphone need another amplifier?

5 Likes

A simple electret mic and preamp (passive even)
Or just a piezo.
If you like KitKat bars a DIY ribbon mic is rewarding.

The 58/57’s are wired as balanced connection so will need a preamp.

A cheap Beringer DI box has long been a useful recording tool. It even serves as a cable extension box on occasion

3 Likes

Breadboarded and programmed a clock module… Tik-Tak on steroids kind of thing.

12 Likes

More components soldered in.

I have a question, what value oscillator capacitors did you put in? 1 uF and 10 uF for high and mid, which there will be 3 of each. The other 4 will be split into pairs for low and very low. What sort of guide for the low end oscillator capacitors?

1 uF = High
10 uF = Mid
? = Low
?? = Sub

5 Likes

I made an update on the voice card series for a polysynth. There is also a short introduction to pole mixing filters.

9 Likes

finally got so annoyed with the FC routemaster I started designing my own powered bus

16 Likes