My build progress

The display says it’s 20 V/div though.

1 Like

Trigger mode to auto? If you got some signal it must be working.

Will you release the files to make it?

1 Like

The instructions say to set the thing to 50mV, but the the people I bought it off said I should have it set to a larger value. I decided to check all the voltages again, even though they checked out as correct when I did it as part of the setup. It would appear that I have maybe found the issue, as all of V-, AV-, V1, V2, V3 and V4 are all wrong… :disappointed:

I plan to. But it’s part of a larger project, and I want to finish the rest first, in case there are issues that require modifications to this.

2 Likes

thats understandable, good luck with the large project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying to make a pcb for a compressor, started out well, but then the cnc missed some steps or something, I don’t know. :frowning:

8 Likes

It’s Aliens I’m telling you!

3 Likes

That’s a shame. What type of CNC are you using?

1 Like

Kind of difficult to say… It’s a small one which a friend saved from the trash and it looks very custom built. I wrote about it here, there are also a few pictures. It uses an Arduino Uno with cnc-shield and GRBL.
The problem appears to be only in one direction (X) so far, so maybe that’s a pointer?
It could be that I use a ribbon cable for all the motor stuff, so no shielding (parasitic capacitive coupling), or maybe too high feedrate (300 mm/minute, at a depth of 0.02mm with a 30° V-bit). Or maybe there is some dirt on the rail? or I did not set the current for the motor correctly? or something else?

love your face panels , works of art .

2 Likes

Hey heck! whats that mixer thingie in the left upper corner?

Looks like a Zoom LiveTraK L-8…

2 Likes

Yep! That’s exactly it. Flexible, light, and can record.

2 Likes

Have gotten all stuff for the little Prince’s noise box (little Prince is my daughters 2 yo son and noise box is MFOS Noise Toaster + PT2399 echo. Started drilling a panel and managed to swap holes for switches and potentiometers and the panel is anway too thick. Have a piece of alu/zink …

Also testing a new system consisting of a cheap 2.1 D-amp from China and simple 18V SMPS PSU with my concrete speakers and a simple 10" sub. Perfect for electronic musik (O.M.D.)

9 Likes

Exploring some (very basic) semi-generative music :laughing: it’s without any sequencer. The clock however comes from the BeatStep pro :see_no_evil: I called it “semi-generative” because I still use my hands… I hope to finish my quantizer soon so that I can make more funky harmonic things!

10 Likes

Finished up those kits I got the other day :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Added @moritzklein’s fully resonant low pass filter, to my triple super simple oscillator bank. Not sure if it’s dodgy POTs, or I’ve got something wrong, but turning that B500K stereo POT all the way round causes things to break up, plus the B100K trimmer POT seems temperamental.

Now I’ve built it on a breadboard, I suppose it’s time to put it onto strip board and try and build an actual module.

10 Likes

After figuring out why the STM32 UART TX on this Nucleo board was doing this:

Imgur

I.E Zero was not going all they way to ground - turns out the Nucleo board has some solder bridges that tie a couple of pairs of pins together for some reason I’m yet to fully fathom. In any case, once the bridges were removed the UART sprang to life:

Now I just need to build it on stripboard and add all the buttons and encoders and what not. Then I can refine the code and hopefully I’ll have a decent VA polysynth in a box.

Cheers

7 Likes

Hey, I just made a new video on my DIY synth, if you’re interested here’s the link! :grin:

11 Likes