My build progress

Just wrapped up the lower half of a case for my outboard stuff for a gig in an attempt to reduce setup time. The lid is in the second photo on the floor.

14 Likes

Not exactly synth, but I built a clone of the darkglass vintage microtubes for my bass and it sounds awesome! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Excellent!

Some DIY flightcases are on my todo project radar for this very kind of thing.

3 Likes

I am unsure if I saved any money by doing it myself. Case foam was more expensive than I expected and I didn’t even go for the high end stuff. It is fun to do, though.

3 Likes

looks good this hobby will make a carpenter out of you yet . you have a road crew to help move :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Thanks! I actually got some right angles on this one! I don’t have a road crew, but individual cases can be carried by me. This new one might be a tad heavy so I am adding some additional handles to each end.

2 Likes

yeah the first go round I built all my cases with 3 rows , now half of them are 1 and 2 row cases .

1 Like

2 row 84cm is my limit. Anything bigger is sketchy around doorways for one person.

2 Likes

get any bigger and your adding wheels handles metal corners and a big van .
I haven’t built anything for mobile use yet .the cases I have now are more for home use .

2 Likes

I’m starting to make some honest to God progress on my KOSMO now. I’ve finished the 113 filter, 2x safety valves, a bounce bounce bounce, and a buffered mult in the last couple of weeks - after a year of procrastination.

Yesterday, I designed/put together this custom format jumbler, to let me interface my test equipment and eurorack with the KOSMO. I’m fairly chuffed with how it turned out, since it’s the first panel I’ve ever made. The acrylic actually worked really nicely. p.s. pls don’t judge my dodgy alignment of drilling ahem.

15 Likes

Safety valve panel done :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

Things are getting there…slowly but things are happening.

Today ive been working on the AO modded 8step seq’

Look at all them ground wires

This ones gonna take me a while and plenty of breaks lol.

13 Likes

Rounded out my drums with some TR-606 clone voices. Posted my strip board layouts over on that thread.
Really important to make sure you have trigger inputs and not gates.

Little video posted on Instagram Login • Instagram

11 Likes

Sound demo sound demo!

2 Likes

Here ya go! TR-606 Drum Demo - YouTube

I think some of the noise gets a little lost on the toms in the video. One end of the filter sounds very snare like, the other end is a much softer sort of pink noise.

6 Likes

Finally, finished and sounds awesome :heart_eyes:

18 Likes

I love your style :sweat_smile: very nice

3 Likes

Thanks man! I like the monochrome of Sams stuff but since its my own panels i might as well just have a little fun and have it match my cases (Ive called them Neon Kosmo 1-3)

Haven’t really given much thought to the labelling. I’m thinking symbols for the most part but sometimes that’s not going to work.
I want to do something to spice up the panels i 3D printed, all i can think of is different coloured nuts (for Ins, Outs, etc…) Some nicer colourful knobs and some lines showing CV paths.
But for most of them, i have to get them working properly before i think of spicing them up haha!

But seeing your creativity and arty approach is inspiring =)

5 Likes

Oops, just realised I put the last update on my DSO Shell build into the Mail Day Thread:flushed: Well, it’s sort of still not working, but I can occasionally get what looks like a signal:

I’ve no idea if this is how you’re supposed to use it or not, severe problem between keyboard and chair:

It just seems to pin the trace along the top of the screen:

I guess the next step is top go back and check that I put everything in the right place and that there’s no bad joints…

4 Likes

Maybe fiddle with the volts per division (vertical scaling). It might be clipping the signal.

1 Like