My build progress

I have two of the vintage 13700 vcas on stripboard. They do the business and pretty simple build!

I heard those are gonna be harder to get in the future, at least for DIP package

5 Likes

In my limited experience they seem like a very elegant solution in a lot of circuits which will be a shame when they’re discontinued. I knew that learning to solder SMD was an inevitability!

5 Likes

Unless of course Alfa decides to introduce the AS13700. Which seems like the sort of thing they’d do, but who knows.

5 Likes

nice those face plates look awesome , unique !

3 Likes

yeah I could see them doing that , those ic’s are in everything it seems .

1 Like

well I got something done . did the face plates for my Electrosmith VCO’s .

13 Likes

Love the color and artwork!!

3 Likes

Replaced the front-panel on my HAGIWO synced-lfo. This time I added the shapes I support as well as an LED to show the signal strength. Will be building another one soon as one LFO simply isn’t enough :wink:

13 Likes

And there was light…

17 Likes

This looks great! I am still a novice but I really appreciate the oscilloscope showing it working. I have a question though, why the need for the 3 peak detectors? Is it smoother than just a single peak detector? I would like to make a vocoder so I would need at least 8 envelope followers. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

What are you referring at?

In Envelope-O-Matic (I take it you are talking about that) there are three and they are used to sample the envelope. So in stead of using one capacitor and coarsly following the envelope, this envelope follower closely follows the energy outline of a signal. But this type of envelope follower is not used in Vocode-O-Matic.

If you use 8 filter bands, then yes. Depending on the type of envelope follower you need either 8 or 24 peak detectors. If you are a novice, I think it is wise to go for a simple envelope follower.

2 Likes

Finished up the Din Datin Dudero mk2 today!

and some vids

15 Likes

Hey guys, I’m back home and bought some stripboards. When I was looking for components, I also happened to find a PCB & Panel Set for the Erica Synth Modulator V2. So it starts again for me and I’m really keen on it!

8 Likes

Pretty excited by my modified lighting console controlled by CV !

14 Likes

4 Likes

The HHK of synth :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would love more info about this project! Also that synth looks and sounds great. I love the unlabelled metal panels, it’s like a spaceship in a 50’s sci-fi movie.

4 Likes

:+1: yes more info plz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your Euclid-O-Matic looks really beautiful. Which LED ring did you buy to make this? Is it blue or RGB? I assume the knob inside the ring is a rotary encoder rather than a pot, right?

It looks like a four-channel sequencer but I don’t understand what everything does. Would love to see a demo of this module!

2 Likes

Thx!

The LED ring is one that uses WS2812 chips, so it can take on a myriad of colours. I’m working on the software at the moment and once that is stable I’ll make a demo video.

3 Likes