My build progress

Very nice and elegant power supplies ! :zap: :zap: :zap:

Yesterday i finished my Portal Gun replica from Rick and Morty’s serie

end of build and video here

10 Likes

Looks sweet! Mine are stuck in customs :cry::cry:

1 Like

Got Ripples working! Feel like I should be getting more out of resonance, but that’s for later. For now the face plate is on and it’s racked to be played with.

Next up on the project list - keep plugging away at Erica Synths Bassline, order a power supply as I’ve maxed my current one and can’t power all my modules at once, build a new rack, build a new mixer, a buffered mult… Then not sure. I’m discovering I want a million LFOs, and once I get a new power supply and finish Basslines I’ll probably want a touring machine and quantizer or something… Main thing will be a new power supply and rack - at the very least adding another set of rails to the current rack if I’m feeling lazy.

5 Likes

Finished up PiLLs today :slight_smile:

9 Likes

What kind of a VCO is this? Its format looks kinda odd. Not eurorack, or is it?

2 Likes

Looks like 1u to me.

4 Likes

That would be cool, I have a lot of space but need to clean up first.

3 Likes

I just ordered a 2nd version of some of the pcb’s from JLCPCB I designed for Wave-Multiply-O-Matic, a Serge based Wave Multiplier I’ve been working on. This time I’ve chosen an aluminium board (they call it aluminum) for the front panel of the module, which seems to be a new option. I’m curious how that will look like. I take it it will be sturdier than the normal PCB material. We’ll see…

7 Likes

Dual Phase Lock Loops - its an angry little 1u bugger based on the older 3u Mobius Pill by Nonlinearcircuits.
He makes some really wild stuff and provides schematics within the BOM’s for everything.
He’s pretty lenient about people adapting his schems to other formats as well!
I was considering using some of his designs for some fun KOSMO chaos modules.

A while back I converted one of his SLOTHs to KOSMO format and it works great!

5 Likes
4 Likes

Bought my 1st roll of solder right before Sam released his first PCB’s for sale.

I finished a 2nd case, painted my 1st so they match, then prioritized modules into my 1st cast for now, as well as some additional work on the power supplies and bus boards.

20 Likes

Now that’s a proper rig! And do I spy a 909?

Go on then, let’s hear it!!!

2 Likes

Please update us on the aluminium panels when you get them! I saw the option too, curious about the quality. Cheers!

Thanks, That is a TR707 below, but with HKA design rom expansion, so It does have a bank of 909 sounds.

I have high hopes for this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the NLC Triple Sloths in Euro format. I was looking at it the other day wondering if I could convert it to KOSMO. That is one crazy random module.

2 Likes

Yes it seems to be a interresting module, i have it in my build list module, i’ve made a stripboard layout for a dual one but not yet tested

3 Likes

re-arranged and re-organized the euro racks today :slight_smile:

13 Likes

That’s all there is to it eh?
I’m placing a Tayda order in the next bit, I’ll grab the resistors I don’t have and give it a go

2 Likes

The top ‘green’ device looks ace!

Is it slotted in the rack below it?

2 Likes