My build progress

Thanks, that’s too bad about the weird sound generator. I’m keeping my expectations sorta low on this one tbh. Since it’ll basically be a fancy toy, I’m just wanting something that packs a bunch of sounds into a single box.

Yeah, don’t confuse the WSG with a synth, or at least not a typical one. Its name is an apt description. It’s fun and the sounds it makes might be what someone would want for some noisy, avant garde piece or installation but not for more conventional music. That’s just not what it’s for. It’s for making weird noises.

Never built a Noise Toaster but based on this video I’d say the same is true for that.

5 Likes

But I find the noise toaster much more useful than the WSG, mine at least wasn’t controllable at the time and behaved more like an APC or something. Here you can really model the VCO with an LFO and select waveforms, and all the other useful things. I wish I had built it then.

Panel time!

4 Likes

Sorry I never use stripboard :confused:

You can find all building informations on my topic !

I re-post the schematics for you :slight_smile:

(from Coda Effects - Chasm Reverb (Dead Astronaut FX) terminée !)

schem_cgs60v2_sba working with ±12v too
(from CGS60 About)

If you have anymore question, I can help you

3 Likes

I was more curious about these changes that you made below? How did you adapt the input and output levels? What changes did you make to it? Where in the circuit did you insert the voltage regulator and 78l09?

Hey,

I’m testing various settings with my Chasm Reverb module, and I’m loving it.The effect is attributed to a snare sound, just for test.
Self-oscillation is pretty crazy! What do you think about it?

@popflier
Soon I will prepare a report and details of the building module for those who are interested !

3 Likes

@popflier Christian Bloch also built a stomp box adapter, I am also thinking of Ken Stone’s circuit. You can find the veryfied stripboard layout here in the forum.
Greetings
THOGRE

3 Likes

Very cool how did you do it What is IC3?

1 Like

The stomp box adapter has a voltage divider to reduce the synth level before the effect and an amplifier to raise it again after the effect. For this you could just build the effect between the voltage divider and amp.

(In this instance the last thing in the effect circuit is an output amplifier, so you could just increase the gain on that instead of adding another amp.)

To power the effect you could use a 9 V regulator tied to the +12 V bus per the regulator datasheet. Though some effects will work fine with 12 V power in which case the regulator would not be needed.

2 Likes

tiny

Which are made by Belton, but listed as “accutronics” in many online stores, when they’re not listed as “accu-bell” that is.

1 Like

I have found the internal schematic of the brick… It could be nice to handmade build it ! :slight_smile:

@analogoutput thank you to have explain the build to @popflier :slight_smile: sorry but I need time for explain in english because Im french, and I was not so long at school… (And when I was there, I preferred to sleep and dream at the back of the room, next to the radiator :stuck_out_tongue:)

4 Likes

There’s an alleged schematic with values here

(Actually two, the one further down presumably better)

2 Likes

Great ! Pt2399 are strange and magics !!

1 Like

The one at the bottom of that page is presumably better, as discussed there the first one seems to have an error in the way the middle PT2399 output is connected

Added: On closer look the two are really completely different. Which means at least one of them must be completely wrong. Maybe both.

2 Likes

Nice, thank you ! Some values look so stranges ^^ like the 4k99 resistors… Muaha

It’s an E96 standard value while 5.00k is not, but I have no idea why that particular value is needed…

2 Likes

(they’re around $15-20 new so not entirely sure it’s worth cloning one)

1 Like

Built a 3x super simple oscillator fun on some stripboar today. Didn’t work at first, but used @analogoutput 's -12V rather than GND trick and now it works great. Not sure if I’ll put it in the rig, but it’s a great noise maker for less than two dollars!

3 Likes