My build progress

Did you use 2 arduinos (essentially using one per sequencer) each with its own screen and I/O?

thanks for infos & the Barton vid link, i better understand now :slight_smile:

1 Like

like the color coding sections and simplified control labeling good idea .

3 Likes

Yes , that is correct. Seeing as the cost wasnt prohibitive, then I thought might as well build two at the same time.

2 Likes

Can you sync them / use them in sync?

1 Like

My configuration is separate clock inputs , but from the same master clock source. I like to use a clock from trig out of from lmnc big button to progress a sequence ( less frenetic?) but basically they are synced yes. I,m pretty sure you could multi a single clock to each arduino though.

1 Like

Managed to build my diode ladder VCF this afternoon. Haveā€™t had much time to play with it, but Iā€™m really happy with it, it shrieks like a banshee and itā€™s probably the module I worked hardest on - so Iā€™m stoked with the results:

I put up schematics, BOMS and kicad pcb files here:

I did a whole bunch of reading and web searching to try and figure out the best way to do everything I wanted, so shout outs to:

http://www.timstinchcombe.co.uk/index.php?pge=diode

https://www.haraldswerk.de/Filter/NGF_Ladder/NGF_Ladder.html

Cheers

8 Likes

I love your write up of the no-pcb version! Seems pretty inspiring to start twisting components and make something happen! Great work documenting the steps!

1 Like

Heh - that wasnā€™t me, that was Juanito Moore - Iā€™m not nuts enough to deadbug it and put it in a tin can, I just spent a lot of time looking at his schematic and pinching the bits I liked.

Cheers

1 Like

Sorry for the mix up, Iā€™m still figuring out stuff here. It is a wild build with all those free-style components just hanging out there. Thanks for sharing the link and for your filter work, walking through your schematic now.

1 Like

Hey,

I found an old effect pcb from the time when I was still scratching my 6 strings. This is the dead astronautā€™s ā€œChasm Reverbā€, a really cool effect for long atmospheres and ambiant.
It is composed of a BTDR-2H brick from accutronics (which is 3x pt2399).

I have convert the circuit into an eurorack module:
I adapted the input and output levels for use with my modular; the idea come from the ā€œstompbox adapter moduleā€ by Ken Stone (CGS60 - Elby Design). Then I just used a simple 12v to 9v voltage regulator with 78l09.

Here are some links:

https://www.elby-designs.com/webtek/cgs/cgs60/cgs60.htm

5 Likes

I hope you have more fun with the Noise Toaster than I do with the Weird Sound Generator. It was my first ā€œbigā€ project and I thought I had a device that you can really control and use musically ā€¦ was not the case ā€¦

Greetings
THOGRE

2 Likes

I designed a wavefolder. In the video its output is shown when input is sinewave amplitude modulated from about 0.5 V to 5 V peak-to-peak. I managed to design it so that it uses only four op-amps, a one TL074.
I need to buy couple of trimpots to check some adjustments (like getting the fundamental signal a bit lower), but them Iā€™ll post the schematic when itā€™s ready.

12 Likes

That is a very very nice Foldermajiggy ! I love the oscilloscope wave !

Any chance you are willing to share your build info on this for your Eurorack version? (stripboard layout, wiring diagram, etcā€¦)

2 Likes

Iā€™m so happy with my kick drum, I will build any circuit you put out now. This one looks like a lot of fun too!

1 Like

That loop is damn satisfying.

Krakenpine,

Iā€™m looking with great interest toward more documentation and videos of this.

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like

I would also like to know more - it would be interesting to pair this with my (watch this space) VCDO modules and see how it changes the sound.

I made a thread about that wavefolder, thereā€™s more info and a schematic: My multi-folding wavefolder schematic

4 Likes