The two 10mm holes on the back are for whatever I decide to use - decided to be flexible because I’m really not working from any plans at all for this! I did, however, design in recesses on the bottom for sticky rubber feet to go in…
When did you get your VCA’s?
I would say that he posted the image 9 days ago: he must have received the PCB in the morning of the 10 or at worst the day before
What’s the intention for the display… The 4-wire displays are I2C and usualy have a single address on the realy small ones.
Yeah, I was thinking of something like one of these… https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tca9548a-1-to-8-i2c-multiplexer-breakout
I only want to do it because I saw an Optimus keyboard years ago and became a little bit obsessed
Done, for now (except for some flux cleaning). I find building multiple copies a bit therapeutic; the second one is always easier, and the third one easier than the second, etc, which feels like progress. This time I ended up with 4× small mikrophonie amplifiers.
Now back to the more serious yellow things
Yeah, I got the VCAs a day or two before I finished them, I think .
yeah, i have one of those in a container somewhere between china and uk…
I love displays.
Expression pedal interface. I’ll be fancying up the front panel later. I decided Molex is too tall for this application but it can be lived with. Anyway, now I can make Molex connectors.
Could you not just move it all to one right angle molex on the lower edge of the panel?
Not really, because the strips run horizontally. In principle it could be one on the back edge, if I wanted to rebuild it with a somewhat rearranged layout and probably a several units larger stripboard to accomplish the routing. But if I were rebuilding it I’d probably just do it without the Molex and solder to the board directly.
It’s only a couple millimeters beyond what it should be, and as long as I’m careful what I put it next to, I don’t think it’s worth worrying about.
You may already have done so, but can you show any pictures showing how you use these modules with their 3D-printed casings?
I haven’t posted anything bigger than this one, and right now I’m mostly designing/building pieces for a larger build, but I promise to keep the thread updated
Love this! Looks so big and chunky…
Any idea whats may be wrong with this APC? 500k pods and 100k gave same result, sound changes only when they are close to the min value. On the end of the record you can hear sound goes up - I switched off power before it starts.
what circuit are you refering too?? have you use LIN(B) or LOG(A) pots? the latter will give a compressed range of adjustment.
I used before B100K and B500K now.
As I mention i main APC topic:
Now I desolder CV and Gate, add 1k for 4 leg of top 555 to +12V. Pics and more details - Atari Punk Console with CV and Gate (APC)
For relax I done panel from aliexpress 4$ module. Just adding AUX in and proper power socket. It records as MP3 160, so not best, but for the beginning will fit my needs.
Needs some polish when glue dry and holes of course : )
I officially started on building the new case today by cutting two of the nominally 60" (actually 60.5") Vector rails in half, and a piece of sheet aluminum to the same 30.25". Speaking of new cases, COVID-19 diagnosis rates are still steady or increasing in central New York, so it will be some time before I’m willing to go shopping for wood. Until then I can’t do much else. But it’s started.