Module requests

Still might experiment with midi arduino projects though. Always been interested in that protocol.

3 Likes

Any updates on quad VCA release? Anyone started BOM for this?

2 Likes

I know, the BOM’s are what are hard for me to wait for. I am wanting to just put in a single order ahead of time for everything so I don’t keep having to pay $10 in shipping every time I order. My city is fully shutting down at 5pm today so I put in my orders at Mouser and Tayda last night for some parts I’m missing on other modules. I actually went and paused Sam’s video where he shows the VCA to at least make sure that I have enough jacks, pots, and switches, but I’m sure there will be parts that I will need for the VCA that I’m missing. I am just hoping everything gets here since after 5pm today we are not allowed to leave our homes until April 10th unless it is for food or medicine. I need something to do to keep myself sane! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

What city are you in that is shutting down today?

1 Like

I am in Denver, Colorado.

2 Likes

You can still go to the hardware store, they have to stay open. I did my Tayda order today and now Im working on a case for my Kosmo build. Im also taking this time to clean my studio space and work shop. I was thinking about setting up a Zoom meeting and just sending you all an invite and talk shit and drink beers over soldering irons and Kosmo modules.

5 Likes

Doesn’t Tayda house their US stock and ship from Denver under the eBay moniker “Thaishine?” You shouldn’t be too bad if they keep that operation open. Worst case it’s two days-which is the longest I’ve ever waited for one of their “Buy it now” transactions, so I’d assume you’d be even quicker @popflier.

5 Likes

I didn’t know that they had an Ebay store. I’ve always just used their site, which it usually takes about 4 days to get here from Thailand. I’ll look into that, thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m writing up the BOM Thursday. they will be on the shop on Friday!!! however I have just exported this. I’m sorry for the low res ill post a hi res one sec

10 Likes

its based around two CEM3360/AS3360’s (from electric druid site) these wont include the chips. so best to order one now!!! I have spoken to tom at electric druid ands its still posting!!! also for the dual VCA with cv control thats just the 1 AS3360

7 Likes

when I have the BOM ill get it up asap! sorry my week has been hectic. moving everything home and stuff!!! expect a quarantine home studio/workshop video in the next week or so haha

8 Likes

right now I’m actually packing all of the VCA’s to post to get to onto the shop for Friday.

7 Likes

if your looking to build the dual VCA instead. its basically the same! just half of the schematic . so if your ordering for that. just take that into account

5 Likes

Gosh Sam, you are acting like there’s a worldwide pandemic or something. :slight_smile:

Does the vca use those voice chips to output waveforms? What’s they for m8?

4 Likes

voice chips?? am I missing something haha? oh sheeshQ!!Q! its been quite the week hasn’t it!!!

4 Likes

also!!! 8 LED’s, 5 Potentiometers, 4 DPDT switches, 4 SPDT switches Also! 4 sets of Male and Female Pin headers and 13 jack sockets :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah as you could tell i was reading the 3360’s as 3340’s! Woof.

2 Likes

So to build one of each, you’d need three 3360s, right? Just ordered those and luckily I just had loads of jacks and switches come in :grinning:

2 Likes

ahah!!! I thought I made that very mistake!!! but the other way round. I checked twice. all good :smiley:

2 Likes

to build the quad vca mixer you need 2. and to build a dual vca module you need 1. so 1 module needs 1 ands the other needs 2 :). 2 different types are going up on Friday! hence the possible confusion!!!

4 Likes