Module requests

I am so down for being the reseller in Australia.

I don’t think it will be that simple. Teaming up with overseas resellers (synthcube, foundsound etc) or e-fulfilment partner is a business decision for Sam and his publisher to make.

5 Likes

Oh yes, you are absolutely right. I’m just day dreaming About “the world being mine”

3 Likes

Just got to say again: Spring reverb!
BUT - with exposed spring. Just listen to this, so expressive! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

My suggestion for a new module / project would be a simple CV to Neopixel controller, similar to the A-197-3 from doepfer. Theres a few floating around the net but I couldnt find one thats documented very well, and I saw a few comments about it being so simple it doesnt need to be. Obviously that level of simplicity is still over my head…

1 Like

Maybe look at this?

3 Likes

that’s pretty good actually and a cool channel to boot, i was thinking something more like this:

3 Likes

by the way! the next one is definitely spring reverb, I had a prototype arrivestart of this week however I was wayyy too optimistic with packing the circuit board too tightly and I couldn’t even make it, so in the middle of redesigning it in a 10cm wide module as opposed to a 5cm wide. as it has too much stuff for 5cm, it had components over jack sockets etc it wouldn’t have made sense. also with this is the modulation station as some people requested that so ill put some on the store.

New Years resolution is to resurrect the regular modules, starting with the 2 above start of feb. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

… just sayin’…
tiny

4 Likes

yeah most definitely ha. I was thinking about it, but I have been going with 5 and 10 on mine, I think. 7.5 would just rub me up the wrong way. going to redesign over the weekend so who knows maybe 7.5. it was the first thing I thought about but thinking about it made me feel a bit dirty inside from an obsessive stand point, which I know I should shrug off haha.

8 Likes

but if its any consolation I am still tempted. :D. gotta put pen to paper and really do some soul searching

5 Likes

Some kind of Benjolin/Blippoo Box Kosmo would be fun.

3 Likes

Spring reverb’s on my list of planned modules. I haven’t made a decision which design to go with, though. So this one would definitely come under consideration. Any unusual features?

1 Like

did someone say spring reverb

springs from a Hammond tone cabinet the one on left is a custom box I built driven by a 5 watt stereo tube amp on the right is what they look like bare just the spring unit a little over 90 cm tall !

11 Likes

Be still my beating heart!

5 Likes

well like usual its a tad goofy haha. but its got CV over dry mix, wet mix, wet input level, feedback and also has a low cut. thats about it. so its not got a crossfade. acts more like a mix send

6 Likes

cool!! does it have a long sustain then??? i can imagine need quite some oomph to work well??

4 Likes

How about the option for taking the wet mix cv, inverting it and using it as dry cv? That’ll give you crossfading, though maybe not exactly linear. With a 10cm panel, I’m sure you can fit in an extra opamp and a switch.

2 Likes

hey up yes of course, but it was a purposeful omission, that is indeed how you would do it, but it never made sense to me having a crossfade between wet and dry on reverbs. it makes more sense as dry level and wet level. much more usable. as you can bring in and out the item separately of each other.

its one item that I did not like with my old spring reverb module I DIY’d . so im just improving upon it.

EDIT. misread. it would also need to be offset. but maybe. ill see if that would work. I mean im not sure why someone would want a crossfade, when wet and dry is just the same but with more control. :P. is crossfade not just a space saving solution to the problem? and separating controls is the maximal approach?

4 Likes

yeah the reverb can be quiet cavernous , actually doesn’t take as much to drive as you would think [ 5 watt tube amp ] though I haven’t experimented with solid state drivers yet [ like the MFOS modular unit ] I will check it out one of these days and let everyone know .

3 Likes