Mail Day Thread

I bought a whole sheet cut to 20 cm strips [ 96 pieces @ 20 cm x 20 cm ] which I picked up [ no shipping ] and I think it worked out to about $ 2.50 U.S. for each 20 cm x 20 cm x 2 mm thick piece [ 5052 alloy ]

1 Like

Put in Mouser & Tayda orders. Much excite to finish up like three or four modules. Mouser is supposed to show up on the 8th - they are flippin fast!

3 Likes

20mm = 2cm? That’s an awfully small module!

4 Likes

Yeah, but are the savings worth all the extra work of welding these tiny bits of aluminium together and trimming them to get to proper Kosmo panel sizes?

2 Likes

$2.50 for a 20x20mm piece of aluminium doesn’t look like a saving to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

@antoine.pasde2 hahaha, I build in Eurorack format.

@devicex uff, that is very expensive !
So are the finished panel blanks with holes for fastening or really just aluminum blanks? What part of the world are you in Maybe I can help you get it cheaper?

1 Like

:crazy_face: fixed mm to cm .

4 Likes

blanks , 20 cm x 20 cm . U.S. , Midwest [ Detroit ] . it was better than anything I found online .

Well… Ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh… Ahem.
it appears its hard to find a video to link of someone nearly dropping an fbomb =/

I missed out on the vinyl APC combo, so i just ordered a VCO and ADSR till the vinyl’s are restocked XD

1 Like

KOSMO #1163 Mixer and 5010 Breadboard friends!

8 Likes

Still waiting for my tools, but here’s what arrived in the last 2 weeks… Tayda little thingies, that were in the end 99% more expensive thanks to DHL duty handling fees. Frequency Central Routemaster and AC adapter that was hella hard to order. Hope I’ll be building in few days.
IMG_2302

8 Likes

PINK BAGGIES! Whatcha going to be building if i may ask?

For the next AC-AC Wallwart order, here is a link
The 1A version costs 7,29€ cheap as chips

3 Likes

That seller says they only ship to EU, and then lists ~15 EU countries they don’t ship to :grinning: Works for Germany and France, though, and a few more.

1 Like

And 20 Euros shipping to France…

@ChristianBloch heard me asking about hot air soldering

3 Likes

Tote bag, These Songs Are Obsolete LP, and AAAPPPCCC!

As well as my MEGADRONE PCB and Panel!

10 Likes

I don’t know why you get mail so much faster than I do, but I’m glad it all arrived for you nonetheless.

5 Likes

I’ll begin with APC and some patch cables to learn soldering, then I’ll move on to modular… I’m trying to come up with some “definite” build that may suit my needs (silly, I know :smiley:). But I’m still in a theoretical phase, the next project will probably be baby-8 by Kristian Blåsol/Modular in a week as that will be kinda useful in any setup. And some clock to… Clock it? I found some primitive ones to begin with, but the ultimate clock will be this probably: http://familjenronnberg.se/~niklas/diy/eurorack/master_clock/

3 Likes

Thanks, it seems like they’re sending to Slovakia, which is great (20€ shipping, but whatever). I had to order mine through a friend in Czech Republic.

1 Like