Mail Day Thread

Ah, my Tayda order showed up today !

Still waiting for the second one with the IC sockets (I forgot them in the first order…dooh) and the pots (they weren’t available at the time of the first order)
Now let’s sort all this by module…

Day one of my Kosmo journey will be soon :slight_smile:
I can start by soldering all the resistors.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Do you get a needle jump at the end of Desperado on side A? may just be my crappy Aiwa £3 Turntable…

Nice bit of Vinyl though :slight_smile:

Needle jumps are all part of the vinyl experience.

<insert standard bitnik moan about vinyl.>

5 Likes

This is definitely my largest JLC order yet… 16.53lbs… lol
245 boards total.

DOGVOICE

DogScratch

SLOPES (with a cool semi transparent panel)

CL Power Distros and LED Drivers

More Lil Sidrassi’s

Version 1.2 of my CV 5-6 Roolz

The OHYESYO Panel I designed for a friends company.

And version 1 of my flat bus boards but I forgot to re load the gerber, so now I have 10 with floating top copper… -_- ( @analogoutput - will that cause interference?)

All in all… this order was huge… lol

12 Likes

I dunno. I’m no expert, just thought it seemed odd.

2 Likes

How did you get those semi-transparents manufactured? Those are so rad.

1 Like

kicad wizardry and trickery :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

Didn’t come in the mail, but my brother brought me some cut to spec aluminum panels from the scrap pile at his work.

6 Likes

Check this and other posts in the same topic:

3 Likes

Just pulled the trigger on a PSU kit, a whole bunch of LMNC modules, and some Barton circuits…

Here we gooooooooooo

6 Likes

Welcome to the never ending GAS. :slight_smile: (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

5 Likes

send it

2 Likes

Oh, I know, that’s all done with mirrors …

2 Likes

One of us! One of us!

2 Likes

Wow thats chunky.

3 Likes

Reverse mail day for me lol. I ordered a LMNC VCO and an ADSR but got a Quad VCA instead of the VCO a few days ago. Got in contact with them n they’ve sent a Label for me to send back the VCA.
No freebies for me today =P
Not sure i need it at the moment anyway, i dont have that many 1/4 jacks =D
Shame tho, im definitely going to need one eventually.

1 Like

First ever Tayda order! And probably last for a while. I need to cut myself off until I actually start making money again.

In the meantime though, this should be everything I need to finish up the core of my synth. With luck I’ll be able to finish up my VCA, filter, sequencer, and fart box this Saturday on stream!

7 Likes

I found these Penny and Giles motorised faders on eBay and couldn’t resist the chance to play with them. It took me a while to find documentation for the functions but to my great relief the control system is very simple and you can run them using an Arduino or something even simpler.

Alongside a large scale multiplexer I bought a while back, two or more faders like this could make for a very versatile and compact control surface for many modules.

8 Likes