Mail Day Thread

thats were I got my beatstep , the good deals go quick so you have to really check often .

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m really pleased with it, it’s so substantial and the encoders feel really nice. My Akai APC Mini feels really cheap in comparison!

2 Likes

If you can find decent shipping to France, I’m in.

2 Likes

Parts from @popflier

6 Likes

Received my Gate Grinder today from @analogoutput

6 Likes

Hmmm…is it a good thing or a bad thing when the mail man makes more than one stop at your house…on a Sunday!

Funny how a bunch of orders from multiple places on multiple days can all show up at once:

Three sizes of knobs to see how I like them. 7 digit displays for the Performance VCO’s tuner, more LM7805’s since I’m going through them quicker than anticipated. 20 more PCB mountable jacks, 2 more 12 position rotary switches, female pin headers, and epoxy dyes to try customizing my SLA resins (and of course the one color I wanted most appears to be leaking :roll_eyes: )

Knobs let me “finish” my megadrone:

And sockets and header sockets should be what I need to finish my Quad VCA.

Of course most of what’s holding me up isn’t expected until tomorrow’s mail call…

8 Likes

You’re going to want the big knobs on the Tune pots

5 Likes

You’re going to want the big knobs on the Tune pots

Fixed it for you. …

5 Likes

I actually tried it the other way first with big knobs on the tune and small on the level…but found once I get the tune dialed in I don’t change it as much so having the smaller knobs on there made me less likely to knock something out of tune. But…it is VERY touchy to get in tune with the small knobs. (You’ll note the first osc still has a medium knob on it in the photo.) So I may go back to big to get more resolution.

It’s definitely a lot more musical once I took the time to actually tune it in. Got a nice G major chord going on it this afternoon and it sounded great. What I found interesting was that the tuning had quite a bit of resolution - except right AT the notes I was aiming for where it it would suddenly jump on almost every note I was aiming for. But other notes I had nice smooth controlled tuning right around them. Kind of odd.

The big knobs on the level to feel “too big” though so I may swap things around a bit more.

4 Likes

New pal:

Also a tayda package with some restock of a bunch of resistors, etc.

11 Likes

Another day of many packages from multiple places all ordered on different days arriving simultaneously:

From the top left going clockwise:
100k pots from Mouser…though I had ordered alps pots and thought they were metal shaft with threads for mounting…such a pain to figure out the part numbers through there with them all having the same photo. Oh well, they’ll get used eventually.

JFET - for trying to build a triangle to sine converter on a VCO

Few switches I needed (on)-off-on and on-off-on (not sure why I ordered the on-off-on I actually had some but some how thought what I had wasn’t on-off-on…whoops.)

some LDR’s to make some vactrols (I hope they’re a suitable resistance range, just amazon cheapies.) More 100k pots - from Small bear (which are the style I thought I had ordered from Mouser)
12mm push buttons for the gate grinder and other things.
More switches, just on-off-on’s since I’m going through them so fast (but cheapies from Amazon)
10k and 100k pots from @popflier
Resistors I’m going through rather quickly and picked up from Mouser since I was getting things I could only get from mouser.
Votlage reference for the Performance VCO.

That should let me finish a few mostly completed modules!

6 Likes

thats always a nice feeling .

2 Likes

Double mail day from Christian and Josh!
Thanks a lot dudes!

@analogoutput’s dual quantizer
@ChristianBloch’s Jumbo bus boards
Extra goodies from @d42kn355:
Mini power supply (I have a good idea for this little guy)
555 adsr
Mfos dual VCA
Ciat-lonbarde “morning dove”

Gonna be a big ol tayda order incoming!

8 Likes

Pots and switches from @popflier and DACs for some Ornament and Crimes from AliExpress!

6 Likes

Double mail day for me as well.

• Bus board and @analogoutput 's Dual Quantizer in black/red from @ChristianBloch
  • A couple of arcade buttons from AliExpress. One of these will be for the fart box. I think the 1up design is perfect for it! :laughing:

7 Likes

1984 speak & spell!

6 Likes

Wut. In the box?!

3 Likes

In the box and all the packets and books inside,

I especially like these kids playing speak and spell in surplus culverts.

Also, an expansion cartridge thing

6 Likes

I thought it came out in 1981…

:rofl:

6 Likes

Who’s got the best mods? I think @Dud has a good one

4 Likes