Mail Day Thread

Boards from Barton

6 Likes

When you spend two weeks slowly adding to a wishlist on Tayda…and it finally reaches criticality so you order your parts.

Then when they arrive you realize you can’t remember what module you had in mind when you put some of them on the list :laughing:

I’m sure it will come to be eventually. Only one packet of duplicates of something I already had on hand…and I’m pretty sure they’re already spoken for with the PCB’s I expected a week ago but am waiting on a reshipment of now :smiley:

Time to finish this delay I keep delaying building for some reason and then dig through my bookmarks to see what these are earmarked for!

5 Likes

Been there, though I try to manage my planning with a spreadsheet describing what parts are needed for what projects (among other things — it’s a complicated and idiosyncratic spreadsheet, but not as complicated, idiosyncratic, or fallible as my brain).

3 Likes

And fedex just showed up with the re-shipment of my LMNC boards making up for the empty package I received just under 2 weeks ago:

Mini ADSR
Quad VCA/Mixer
Performance VCO
Buffered multiple
VCLFO

Looks like I’m taking a few days off from stripboard :slight_smile:

Though now I’m questioning if I actually have enough jacks and pots on hand to finish these…pretty sure I made sure I had enough when I ordered them…but have been going through them a bit quicker than I anticipated!

7 Likes

Another evergreen quote :rofl:

3 Likes

Just took inventory…and thought I had enough sockets…only to look closer and realize that half of the jacks I have aren’t what I thought they were :frowning: They aren’t the full 5 pin PCB mount - only 3 pin…which would be fine for these…but the pins aren’t sized for PCB mounting. I have 20 on hand that are correct…but looks like some of these boards may be slowed down a few days while I wait for more jacks.

4 Likes

Yeah, I accidentally have some of those too :smiley:

3 Likes

Tayda should have a jacks subscription service

6 Likes

I’d prefer a B100K subscription…

4 Likes

Those jacks will work on the VCLFO

2 Likes

oooooohkayy…so I’ve ordered some USB sockets. but instead I’ve received Tip41c’s…

does anyone know what to do with those things?..LOL

1 Like

It’s a power transistor so you could use it for switching relatively high DC voltages. Popular in robotics applications. Don’t forget to use a good heatsink.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s why I started on the VCLFO last night :smiley: Just have to dig for some 200k resistors and wire up the jacks still. Well…and wait for some 100k pots to show up in the mail :smiley:

3 Likes

Finally got some alpha 9 vert’s and some more jacks for the VCLFO and Big Button trigger.

Now I just need this trapped nerve in my ass n leg to sod off for a bit then I can get my solder on! =)

4 Likes

I could make that happen if you like :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Quick Friday trip to Anchor Electronics:

• Various Molex bits
  • 100 x 1M resistors
  • Vintage 5056 white noise generators
  • Thicc knurled nuts
  • 20 x 1N5817
  • Trim pots
3 Likes

that must be fun actually going to the electronics store , though it would be expensive for me I would always get more than I really needed . I am bad enough with the online surplus stores . I have all kinds of great deals that I can’t even remember what I bought the stuff for , some great project I had in mind .

3 Likes

That’s exactly how I ended up with those vintage noise generators that I have no idea how work. On the other hand, they were only $1.

3 Likes

Found a barely-used Beatstep on eBay with “Make an offer” on it. Made a low offer that I thought would be a good price to haggle from, but the seller accepted it so there we go!

My first grown-up MIDI controller. Wonderfully solid.

8 Likes

Arturia makes solid midi gear that’s just great. All of the step line is gold.

5 Likes