Mail Day Thread

DHL came on a Sunday, woo

Cap restock

Other thingies.

5 Likes

4 packages, 4 deliveries, 2 carriers, on a Sunday…

IC puller; more springs and a couple tuning forks for piezo experiments; and, as foretold, a big Tayda shipment a few days after a little Tayda shipment.

Also a toner cartridge and some underwear (not pictured).

6 Likes

An IC puller. Nice. I prefer my method of just completely mangling an IC when removing it.

5 Likes

I was hoping to find the automatic kind, you know, the kind that removes your IC whenever you install it backwards.

5 Likes

I got a couple beautiful black panels including an @analogoutput Dual Quantizer via @ChristianBloch and a Maths panel.

8 Likes

That’s why I prefer to pre-mangle my ICs upon insertion :blush:

5 Likes

AO, your quantizer looks awesome!

5 Likes

Lovely matrix mixer from 256K Labs:

5 Likes

That does save time in the long run

3 Likes

I learn so many things on this forum. Great tip.

3 Likes

These didn’t show up in the mail per say as I went and picked them up. Took the day off work to help my cousin go through her husbands musical equipment. He passed away a year ago and she hasn’t been able to go through his things until now. He had a ridiculous amount of music equipment. I found 38 guitars ranging from $1000 - $7000 a piece. All with hard cases. Drum kits, keyboards, PA systems, rack mount units, fx pedals, mixing desks, microphones, and so much more. I couldn’t get through all of it as there was way too much there and a lot of it is brand new in unopened boxes. It’s crazy. There’s so much equipment that I couldn’t find a place to set a guitar case down in order to take a photo of it inside a space that is 1100 sqft . My cousin doesn’t know what any of it is so I offered to help her go through it, catalog, price, and resell some of it for her. She thanked me for helping her today by surprising me with these as a thank you present.

Roland U-20 keyboard w/PCM cards
Kawai K1M Digital Synthesizer Module
Sequential Split-Eight Synthesizer (I’m most excited about this!)
Neutrik PatchBay
Roland Guitar Synthesizer pedal board (forgot the model #)
2 - Brand New SM58 mics
Behringer Xenyx 1832 FX 18 Channel Input Mixer/Multi-FX Unit
Alesis DM8 Pro Electronic Drum Kit
Digitech Programmable Distortion FX Pedal
Behringer 4 Channel Headphone Amp
DOD 240 Resistance Mixer
Couple of rack mount FX units that I can’t remember what they were (they’re in the basement right now)
Empty Roadcase I can fit with rails and it will be perfect for my Eurorack modules
Two dremels with 2 large cases of bits and a dremel stand, nicer multi-meter than what I own, metal files, vice, and all sorts of other tools.
Tons of MIDI Cables, 1/4" Cables, guitar strings, ac adapters, guitar pick-ups, etc…

10 Likes

:exploding_head:
……………

4 Likes

Ta very much @ChristianBloch for my lovely black panel AO Quantizer (and thanks to @analogoutput for actually designing the thing) which turned up just now.

Only problem is now I actually need to turn the pile of wood in the corner of my workshop into a new case so I can fit the bugger…

5 Likes

Wow, sounds like you will be busy and rewarded for it!!

6 Likes

Wow, that Sequential split eight looks rad. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Apart from the switches (bipolar/unipolar), is it comparable to the Doepfer matrix mixer?

1 Like

Looks like it to me. I can get my offset from elsewhere if I need it :slight_smile:. By the way, I have now discovered the joy of mixing a slowly modulating CV signal with a fast one. I never really got that before, but it feels like it’s changing in two dimensions.

2 Likes

and indeed it is…

1 Like

Well, it’s still just up and down. What I hadn’t fully considered is that the slower smother signal works as an offset so that, for example, you can get nicely sequenced filter changes while also hearing overall slow sweeping. That’s obvious in hindsight, but it wasn’t until I tried it that it clicked.

1 Like

I need a maths… and man - you filled up that KOSMO Euro Playset quick :smiley:

2 Likes