Mail Day Thread

@ JUXTAPOZ74 – Have you got incredibly smal hands or is the remote stupidly large?
Had a coupl of Laser Disc players but never a working one.

@Frederik — So what are they? They look used?

2 Likes

Cheese is rice how much did that set you back? Aren’t those about €10 a piece?

That’s a lot of oscillators… bulk discount?

1 Like

I have to admit I don’t have plans for all of them right now, but I don’t think you can have too many oscillators, can you? :smiley:

I paid just under EUR 3.50 / each for that batch, from a source I’ve used before so should be fine. They look about as used as all other Alfa chips I’ve seen (but they could all be used, I guess :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Ha!! No I just found it and was marveling at how big the remote is. I pulled it out of a box of old computers…

3 Likes

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT GET ANY MAIL!!!

4 Likes

:smiley: :star_struck::star_struck: :smiley:

7 Likes

Those Dell Ultra Sharp monitors make OK money on Ebay ( especially ones with Composit ) the Optiplex 7000’s do well too, even the older Optiplexes do OK. (in the UK anyway… )

Rob

2 Likes

I bought in bulk too. Who knows maybe I can shrink everything and make a poly synth.

3 Likes

nice :+1: I’m waiting for the Keystep Pro’s release :+1: :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Yeah, me too! Probably trade in the old keystep while I’m at ir.

2 Likes

I’ve had this minimal oscilloscope and its acrylic case for weeks but didn’t have time to test it. Here it is displaying a sine wave from Bela’s audio line out.

5 Likes

These cheapo oscilloscopes are better than they are touted as. Are they the best? Hell no, but for this community’s purposes i think they are right on the money.

3 Likes

The question I asked myself was, what do I need this kind of instrument for? The fact is that I only need to capture a “polaroid” style snapshot of audio signals. This is well within the capabilities of a cheap microcontroller-based scope.

2 Likes

Really wanted some yellow power cables for some reason. Lol

And some composite jacks for some various mods I plan to do

6 Likes

@D42kn355 , goog laptops the Lat E-Series…

1 Like

I am not seeing the connection here? lol

1 Like

You know for their price and size, you could easily put one in a front panel mount to use as a module. Is that what you had in mind? My DSO is close enough to my “studio” that there’s no real benefit to taking up the rack space, but lots of modulistas do that.

1 Like

You can totally do that, but I get a lot of use out of mine for looking for issues and seeing what the lines look like. The frequency of the signals used are represented just fine with my dso based oscilloscope.

2 Likes

Lockable headers… Nothing special, but I consider them essential.

5 Likes