Mail Day Thread

A quick googling says “maybe”: “Disinfectants containing acids, alkalis, electrolytes and hypochlorites can adversely affect metal parts and cause corrosion. Disinfectants containing organic solvents can damage plastic.

As for the need for disinfectants, CDC says: “Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods.

4 Likes

I hope to share that soon! The trouble will be: start a new thread or try to fit it into an old one?

3 Likes

Yeah, I tend to get most of my news from “The Simpsons” though.

5 Likes

Maybe I should start a new thread called “Guess What Jason is Up to Now” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This showed up at my door today:

It works great, but has a couple of notes that need tuning. Has anyone here ever worked on a Rhodes piano?

8 Likes

Tuning a Rhodes can be a breeze or fiddly f***
Never seen two in the same condition.
Go very slowly. Don’t get suckered by "original parts " sellers. Component values are what they are and many ‘new’ parts are better made and easier to fit than original. It’s a great instrument not a classic car rebuild. Others may disagree with this less than purist approach. Enjoy
Best attitude for tuning is “near enough for jazz!”

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s near enough for jazz right now, so I think I’ll leave it alone. Definitely not taking a purist approach, I’ve got it running into looper/delay/compression on my synth:

I know it’s a lot of gear, but I don’t own much else :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Add a chorus or phaser and you can even starve it of power (carefully). Id be happy just to have the piano. Enjoy
Btw. Do you have the pedal? I don’t see it.

2 Likes

No I don’t, but I’m looking for one.

2 Likes

I’ve seen many home made that work well. Even one that was a hole punch pedal and a brass curtain rod! Google and fudge one. All the real mechanics are in place.

3 Likes

My experience with them is limited but i do know that they can definitely be fiddly, when i was a tour tech we used to send them off to someone who knew what they were doing :crazy_face: ! Can’t remember who, but if i do, I’ll post it.

Didn’t come in the mail, but I got a bunch of free pre cut panels

4 Likes

Lucky! What’s the thickness/material?

Aluminum, probably 1.5x thicker than Sams panels.

2 Likes

Picked up this THOMAS 2001 design based on the movie 2001 a Space Odyssey.

9 Likes

That’s small!!!

Can you play Daisy Bell on it??

1 Like

Ohhhhhh I want one just for styling! Even a broken one where I would have to replace the entire inside with something else would do me. That thing looks awesome! Hope it sounds good too

3 Likes

It’s a lot of fun to run it through an Echo Rec and frequency analyzer. I blew up the main output power so just run out the headphone jack into my pedalboard and melt the shit out of it.

2 Likes

Yes!!! After all these years I finally found the laserdisc remote!

4 Likes

mail!

(admittedly not quite as sexy as that awesome 2001 keyboard :upside_down_face: )

9 Likes