Mail Day Thread

the only thing is the jacks and where to hook up wires still figuring that one out I only have the 3 terminal jacks looks like I need 4 terminal jack for mike in ?

1 Like

Again, see the README in the github repository. For Mic In you need sleeve, tip, and tip switch. Piezo red lead connects to the latter. For Out you just need sleeve and tip.

5 Likes

cool thanks , I just haven’t got that far yet I will look at the github thing in a minute . sorry didn’t mean to make it sound like I was asking same question again , and thanks again for the info and help .

3 Likes

was digging through the old crap looking for a jack and found this , look at the price [ .45 cent ] they are over $ 2.00 for the genuine switchcraft these days .

4 Likes

Taking inflation into account $2 might be a good deal :grinning:

2 Likes

6h

I definitely want one of those lol. I was gonna have some made, unless @analogoutput happens to have more?

where are you based???

2 Likes

Oh, look at that:

7 Likes

That’s funny, mine looks similar cept just the Furby Pin since I already have the other 2 lol.

2 Likes

I bought a 1st gen 12.9” iPad Pro second hand the other day, and it arrived this morning. This is Moog’s excellent Model D app.

5 Likes

i need to get a newer ipad so badly.
I have an old first gen Mini, and a 4th gen Mini lol.
Battery is finally going in the Mini 4 :’( Right after Moog and such released amazing stuffs for free BOOOOO lol

(yes… i walk around with a battery pack strapped to it… lol)

1 Like

Not exactly mail but a local scumbag landlord likes to flytip outside my flat.
On my first walk outside in 4 weeks I encountered a pile of wireless routers and other home entertainment equipment.
Or as I like to call them : parts, enclosures and power supplies. Leftovers will go to small electrical recycling.
A good walk!

5 Likes

The Cable TIVO will probably have a 500GB Seagate AV drive. whats the other TV box?

2 Likes

Take care you dont let a bunch of buggos in your house.

4 Likes

Gloves were worn and all been sprayed.
I’ve saved many an instrument from skips and junk shops over the years. My first stage always involves a thorough ancient DNA removal. Open wood fretboards can be disgusting!

5 Likes

I had a brief period of my life where i would scrap junk on the side of the road. That was a lesson i learned real quick.

4 Likes

To be honest I love the cleaning up part almost as much as the repair, mod or restoration. It’s a great way to form a relationship.
For clarity - I don’t love old and discarded instruments. I just say that to get them into bed.

4 Likes

Just a freeview box (terrestrial TV) . Soon to be the driver box for these bad boys (more scrap)

5 Likes

Classic! For my part, I’m starting to love old, discarded instruments more and more for real though.

4 Likes

They are a worthy passion @Maxhirez
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Morning has improved…

And extra IDC

Have a good day everyone…

3 Likes