Mail Day Thread

I did the same! Thanks @ChristianBloch for the heads up. Never heard of this store before.

3 Likes

Got this thing. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How are you finding it @Caustic? Wanting one myself, but looking for more opinions before I pull the trigger. How do you find the sequencing as compared to a Beatstep Pro? :smile:

1 Like

uuuggghhh, Want badly…

Who wants to buy my MicroBrute? lol

2 Likes

I just plugged the theremin directly into the monitors (albeit via headphone/aux because I’m still waiting for the TRS balanced cables). The feeling of power I get from playing like that is wonderful. It really brings home to me that the theremin is a real musical instrument. Every movement of my hands is reflected in intimate detail.

4 Likes

Still in package, just got off work looking to give it a whirl in a bit. Will report back.

5 Likes

Today’s loot from Anchor Electronics includes aforementioned Solid State Music board in what looks and feels like original packaging and very nice knobs like they used to make them with the print protected by removable plastic film:

Also included are some diodes, patch cable holders, switches, and parts for my case interconnect project.

5 Likes

The keystep pro is pretty great. Believe the hype. I reserve at least 1 month to be sure its not just new flashy. One problem ive noticed is that sometimes the first step will not trigger right. I hear thats a common problem.

4 Likes

Got the WAV trigger :slight_smile:.

8 Likes

I’ve been thinking more about getting some sample playback in my rig lately. Curious to see how it works out :+1:

5 Likes

Well it has taken a while, 65 days to be precise, but I finally got the core of my dual sample and hold module. The LF398 order was in the mail.

To make it easy to change the capacitors I put them in half an IC-socket.

7 Likes

That’s a neat trick. I’ll bear it in mind next time I go to veroboard with values I’m not entirely sure of.

1 Like

The idea came to me when I was building a VCF that needed paired transistors and I had not yet found them. Since I wanted to use the filter until I would, I used an IC-socket to temporarily insert 2 transistors that were sort of all right.

3 Likes

I was really hoping this would be the week.

2 Likes

Got my electric druid chips I ordered 3 weeks ago, still waiting on the VCA’s. Strange that @CTorp got his a week ago since we live in the same area. Ctorp did you use the tracked shipping? Not complaining about the time, happy to still be able to get stuff from across the world.

2 Likes

Didn’t get my VCAs yet either, but the switches for my Mini ADSRs finally showed up today:

3 Likes

Yes I did tracked cause those VCAs were the last piece of the puzzle and I hoped they’d arrive a bit quicker. Sounds like it is a bit faster

3 Likes

Still no AS3360’s for me :frowning:
2 more days and it will be a month since I ordered them.

I did say screw it and sourced 3 more in the US… so those will hopefully be here saturday.

It’s driving me bonkers having the dual and quad VCA’s completed except for these 3 IC’s lol.

4 Likes

My VCA’s have been built for weeks, I have the 3360’s… It’s just the IDC connectors for the power that’s holding me up!!

2 Likes

Why wait for several weeks for some power supply connectors? Why not improvise by temporarily soldering some wires to the power supply? It is meant to make music this machine, isn’t it :wink: ?

3 Likes