Mail Day Thread

there is a lot of delay in sending them right now with the Corona …
I have been waiting for my Tayda order for almost a month, blocked by customs in Germany

4 Likes

Oh right, at least I now know I’m not the only one, thanks @Dud! How did you know it was customs though and not another problem?

1 Like

i have contacted Tayda

1 Like

Ah right, that’s good then, thanks!

1 Like

@MTTT17 I know it’s no consolation for it being slow cause Corona, but u have ordered from tayda 10 times, and not a single time did I have an issue receiving. There have been many reports if customs issues in the UK even before Corona ramped up.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve noticed this thread previously of this happening, but I reckon it’s a problem with the distribution in Germany, like @Dud says. I haven’t had any notification on the Royal Mail Tracking system that the package has even left Germany, let alone been stopped by UK customs, and I think if Dud is having the same problem based in France, it’s more likely to be the German Distribution Centre. Still God Damn annoying though :frowning:

2 Likes

A “few” Monoprice 3’ patch cables just arrived. Pleasantly surprised by the beefy, rubberized, and flexible quality. I have been using Hosa cables for too long!

3’ is almost exactly long enough to reach corner to corner in my Kosmo case and I’m working on a case interconnect project that I’ll share more about later. I should be set for a while :crazy_face:.

7 Likes

If its from Germany, then customs is not involved… At least for the next couple of years until brexit finalises…

China as some backdoor deal with the UK, hence stuff can get here cheaper than if you bought it from your next door neighbour…

Onloy customs issue I have had was with a USA order on CEM3340’s

Rob

2 Likes

I got some of these cause you mentioned the cables on sale. Good to hear they are good build quality!

4 Likes

Got a buffered Multiple (partially complete along with its components) from @ChristianBloch and some 1U rails today…

The rails led me to discover that there are multiple sizes of 1u… :frowning:

Also got a new (old) Yoyo, if anyone cares lol.

7 Likes

I’ve been using some of my stimulus money to help shore up the USPS (and FedEx).

Today’s in order of increasing length:

10 mm, M2 screws and spacers to put a couple Eurorack boards together

~20 mm, nothing to do with synthesizers or music though there’s always this https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/01/24/synthesize-moog-sub-phatty-instructions/

~480 mm, because CV keyboard

1524 mm, because sequencers

8 Likes

That’s going to be quite a case!

I got a BNC interface in Eurorack format. Really just six jacks and some wire, but it does the job of passing through a signal while allowing me to scope that signal:

And also a USB to TTL converter

7 Likes

Nah. Case and a half at least.

5 Likes

Are those euro mounts?

2 Likes

I’ve been struggling to get scope reading and hear at the same time…is there a Mickey Mouse way to do this or do I need a module like that? I guess I haven’t tried hooking up to a buffered mult out

2 Likes

Yeah, you can definitely Mickey Mouse this one. It’s essentially two passive mults where one of the jacks is a BNC connector. It came with two BNC cables, but it may not have been worth it to not just make it myself:

5 Likes

Vector rails, commonly used especially by DIYers for Eurorack cases, but there’s no reason I can see why I can’t use them for Kosmo modules too.

3 Likes

At long last I splashed out a little money on a decent pair of studio monitors. Janelle Monae’s mixes are always superb, so I put on the YouTube version of Pynk. I’m still getting whole-body tingles.

4 Likes

A decent set of studio monitors really is just about the best thing you can spend money on.

5 Likes

I was JUST looking at that BNC converter the other day lol

3 Likes