Mail Day Thread

Right on, but as a utility for getting a fair or even slightly subsidized market value for used goods, judgement on disputes is highly biased towards the buyer. I will always be an eBay buyer for that reason! I know what side my butter is breaded on.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never felt that I owned anything worth the hassle of selling. I do buy from eBay a lot, though. My current mobile phone, my current ThinkPad tablet, and a whole heap of electronics Iā€™ve recently bought all came to me via eBay. The quality is almost invariably much higher than I could get from any other source for a similar price.

2 Likes

VCAs and a USB powered bus board from @d42kn355. Thanks! Also, headers from AliExpress and germanium diodes, 20ft of 10 conductor IDC cable and some of the nicest knobs Iā€™ve ever seen from local Anchor Electronics. I miss going there once or twice a week, but they do ship. Not sure how I missed these $0.84 knobs all this time.

4 Likes

Those are some hot knobs.

1 Like

The picture doesnā€™t even do them justice. Seriously look and feel super premium.

3 Likes

A lot of what Anchor has is NOS and these seem like theyā€™re from a time when things were made with more care. No other Bakelite knobs Iā€™ve seen look this good.

1 Like

I wonder does the beat step work like that to , daw = midi = cv ?

1 Like

Iā€™m currently designing a switch for a self made LED-lamp that will light my soldering bench using one of these:

Those so called chiken-beak knobs are also really cool.

Btw, have you seen these:

The dial plate is a thin aluminium dish which you combine with the knob and glue to the panel. Especially if you want to remember settings these can come in very handy.

Both are sold a.o. via aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1593399355.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.231c2423Yh9RhL&algo_pvid=c4e0fe35-7335-4a40-8971-630c24ce15fe&algo_expid=c4e0fe35-7335-4a40-8971-630c24ce15fe-2&btsid=0ab6f82315872861368751441e535f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000112360431.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.19942423iJPxnn&algo_pvid=0a18c25f-4f56-4bd7-a2dc-dc10de1450f3&algo_expid=0a18c25f-4f56-4bd7-a2dc-dc10de1450f3-0&btsid=0be3746c15872857818631853e6ccb&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

4 Likes

yeah I have a $100 + shopping cart with Aliexpress waiting for when I get back to work and have some cash. but I am kinda worried though , I have 3 orders from Taiwan / Hong Kong that have tracked as far as the mail hub in Chicago and have been there for over a month not sure if I will ever see them.

2 Likes

That particular aluminum disc looks bad to me, but I like the idea. Once I see the lack of kerning on the ones, I canā€™t unsee it. The knob itself is of the type I have thus far been using in my Kosmo synth, but the Anchor ones are so much nicer. The chicken head knobs are nice for the right occasion, though I find they need a lot of space around them to look nice.

2 Likes

I have been getting email notifying of stuff to arrive soon by Aliexpress that I have already received ( and confirmed the reception of ). Also I get messages about products tracked to my country that are supposed to be there for several weeks already, which is odd because the postal system is working fine here. Furthermore I get shipping emails that tell me a product is soon to arrive for products that I got a shipping email before (and only recently). So I think aliexpress is a bit mixed up about stuff that was sent prior to and (supposed to arrive) during the pandemic. I can imagine that it is hard to track anything in such a situation. So far the goods that I ordered have arrived, however much later than expected. The mean delivery time is now 25.26 days (with std 17.5 and N ~= 750).

3 Likes

You mean (more or less) does it work as a midi to cv converter? I meant to test that.

1 Like

as in I picked one up on Ebay for cheap and I havenā€™t gotten around to plugging stuff in yet and thought I would be lazy and ask someone else something I could dam well figure for my self .

1 Like

sorry didnā€™t mean to be so snarky , woke up at 4:00 a.m. and started to finish off the brews from yesterday :crazy_face:

1 Like

but it does have that old test equipment [ Hienbach] feel to it .

1 Like

Hereā€™s another great one from Anchor. Itā€™s again NOS and the graphic design is so far ahead of the aluminum disc one @Jos linked above;

https://anchor-electronics.com/product/straight-knurl-knob-with-numbered-skirt

3 Likes

Got to trim this to fit in my CD Playerā€¦

:laughing:

7 Likes

Has anyone had any problems with Tayda? Based in the UK, I chose the 7-16 Day Shipping option, but thatā€™s been and gone now. I wouldnā€™t usually mind, but with a limited budget at the moment, I spent quite a bit, and I donā€™t want it to be a dead loss. :frowning:

3 Likes

Do you have a tracking number? Has it actually shipped? Has it been 16 days since the shipping date?

Is it stuck in customs?

They usually get stuff out the door fairly quickly, after that itā€™s up to the shipper.

3 Likes

Got a shipping confirmation on the 1st of April, my first Tayda order, as Iā€™m kinda new to the whole thing. Got a tracking number, and checked it regularly, but the only update I had was that it was somewhere in Germany, and that was on the 2nd of April. Iā€™ve never had anything stuck in customs before, so I donā€™t know the process, but Iā€™m assuming it would show up on the tracker?

1 Like