Mail Day Thread

Very nice panel, like it :+1:

2 Likes

Maybe I started working on this even though I said I wouldnā€™t, seems like thereā€™s no KiCad symbol/footprint for the LM308, and itā€™s no longer manufactured, and the schematics disagree about which side is +/-ā€¦ is this chip an really integral part of the sound of this pedal? Would using a modern opamp in its place kill the fun? There are some available on amazon, but they donā€™t even look good in the picture, so I canā€™t imagine what the quality of the ones youā€™ll actually receive areā€¦

2 Likes

I started a topic

which includes a few words about the op amp. tl;dr: You can use an OP07, itā€™ll sound nearly identical.

4 Likes

I dont think it would make a real difference, especially in a euro/Kosmo synth setup. There is a difference in the sound when playing a guitar between LM308, TL071 as well as the NE5534.

1/8 watt resistors only had 100k in 1/8 watt when I realized the Kassutronics pcbā€™s I ordered needed 1/8 watt and all I had were 1/4 watt .oh well at least they were cheap.

2 Likes

100 of each, how many Kassutronics modules are you building?

2 Likes

ya knowā€¦ between 1/8w, 1/4w, and various 0805 and 0602 Resistorsā€¦ I probably have well over 10,000 within my component selectionsā€¦
I went through my various ICā€™s not long ago and I have over 500 ICā€™s (between CMOS, Opamps and various othersā€¦)
lol
I started hoarding a while agoā€¦

3 Likes

My spreadsheet says I have 4184 resistors and 253 ICs, but my spreadsheet is a known liar. (And that doesnā€™t count a lot of old carbon films.)

Only 9 1/8 W resistors, all 10k. 50 more on order. Because I have 4184 resistors but not enough of the ones I need.

4 Likes

Why are these so cheap?

2 Likes

Am I missing something? Or is it because they are made by Tayda instead of Alpha.

1 Like

Itā€™s a mystery.

See here and following discussion:

2 Likes

Ok thanks! Just wanted to triple check before I soldered 12 of them on Timā€™s Evil Eye sequencer.

4 Likes

yeah at .012 cent I had to make the purchase bigger than the shipping . I have a couple friends that share/trade parts with . " how many Kassutronics modules are you building ? "
well as many as I want now LOL.

3 Likes

I buy components off Tayda every few months as and when I need them. I donā€™t see the point in hoarding resistors and most of the actual value is from Microchip free samples which Iā€™ve posted about before.

1 Like

if you build like I build. you would see the point. lol

I wonder what @Dud has laying around for parts lol.

I like being able to walk to my cache and not be out of something when I am building a spur of the moment project.

Iā€™d much rather get my project finished and not have to wait for parts lol

5 Likes

Haha that is true. I guess for me at the moment itā€™s 1 module every ~1.5 months.
Hence plenty of time for packages to come from China.

2 Likes

Worth mentioning, I also build a lot of ciat-lonbarde circuitsā€¦ which has ridiculous component counts on many of the boards lolol.
for instanceā€¦ Fourses takes 10 LM13700ā€™s. LOL

4 Likes

I was going to say, sure you have 10,000 resistors in your stashā€¦ but how many more do you have in your builds?!

5 Likes

lol so. many. its insane. :smiley:

4 Likes

I have a little stock but really not a lot, because I order what I need per project (generally for a case), and here I am rather lacking jacks, knobs, 100k pots ā€¦ :slight_smile:

btw i just ordered 2 Frequency Central power pcb :sunglasses:

5 Likes