Mail Day Thread

If you intend to populate both U3 and U4, you may be up to an unpleasant surprise…

2 Likes

This beautiful ciat-lonbarde FYRALL found its new home.
Needed a speaker repair (since finished)

6 Likes

Per pcbnew’s DRC with standard footprints, these DIP packages

have overlapping courtyards. Pad separation center to center between #4 on top and #1 on bottom is a hair under 0.125".

4 Likes

No surprises here !

5 Likes

cool !
mine IC socket type was more small on the plastic side

when i put an ic inside, it overflows slightly on each sides.

During the week I got this Passive BusBoard from Elby Designs. More power is good power.

5 Likes

Lucky this time :slight_smile:
(20…)

1 Like

This looks rather large. What are its dimensions?

100mm x 200mm. The active BusBoard is also the same size.

Today, I got some new boards, A multimode filter I have been working on for a bit, and some purple V2 boards for my VC ADSR.

A couple of my previous designs have been in my case and working well unaltered, so I am hoping to get these written up and published in the next couple of weeks, but first I have to finish porting my VCV plugins to V2

8 Likes

Looks awesome! I’ve been looking for a multimode filter with voltage-controlled resonance. May I ask, what is the filter topology/core of this design?

1 Like

@TimMJN

I had some ideas from a software filter that I have been repurposing over the years. Electronic wise it is a 4 pole ladder filter based on the AS3320, with the 4 poles tapped and summed to give various modes. I wanted to not use the default resonance as I wanted more character, so I used an LM13700 and some non-linear distortion switchable between symmetrical and asymmetric. As this is negative feedback for the resonance the filter response tends to zero at dc, so I have added some of the original signal back into the feedback path. Oh, I nearly forgot the first pole is switchable by an octave, an idea I got when studying the 303 filter design, although this sounds nothing like a 303 diode ladder.

I shall post some audio when I finish the build :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Please do, I’m very curious! Sounds delicious :drooling_face::drooling_face:

4 Likes

Soon a new case so some cables :slight_smile:

8 Likes

LoL… looks like we had the same idea:

And after a long time I decided to buy a high quality DMM:

First impression: very fast and very accurate

6 Likes

The DMM looks very nice, is this just for Diy synths, or for professional use?

Its for DIY, not only synths, but also a lot of other electronic areas. I have 2 cheap Uni-T DMMs on my bench, but they have only 3.5 digits, can show values up to 4000, that means for example to measure voltages above 4V it can only shows 2 digits after the decimal point, or in other words in 10mv steps. This is very inaccurate to calibrate CVs. The Rigol can display values up to 240000 counts, and has a very low error.

3 Likes

More kits came in the mail yesterday and today:

Fred’s Lab Zekit - interesting as it uses some transistor optocouplers for CV control.

Imgur

Now that I’ve got more than one synth I need some way to sequence them, so I got some boards and components to build this midithru-x2 from midisizer:

Imgur

Hope to get building on the weekend!

Cheers

7 Likes

Another JLC order came in!

Included the BMC040 dual logic CV mod boards:

As well as these little Fresnel lens quad vactrols:

Fits together neatly:

Tried them out with a few different colour LEDs, must say they look pretty badass:

I ordered a few different types of photoresistors, will do some testing in the coming days.

9 Likes

These LEDs look awsome, cant wait to see them used in a module. You may find some of us asking if we can use the design and how to fabricate them, or if you are selling any.

3 Likes