Mail Day Thread

fuck now i want a braids with bananas. lol

2 Likes

dam it was a 1 day only deal . have to get the schematics for it and diy one :wink:

2 Likes

I should point out I didn’t design these boards, that was Seb. I just sent the gerbers to JLC.

I did add some art to the panels though, and transferred them to a laser engraving medium instead of PCB.

2 Likes

and nice panels they are !

Just got my first Tayda delivery in a while. DHL started by delivering it to Bangkok, and when it finally got here (not Bangkok) I’m staring at the content and wondering what made me order these things.

I think I might have to start maintaining a spreadsheet with “why this?” notes for each item.

6 Likes

lol yeah I have orders like that from time to time , stuff that it was weeks since ordering so I have no idea what great thing I was going to build …

2 Likes

Without my spreadsheet I’d be living in constant disaster

(Though remember:)

1 Like

Again!?

10 Likes

Nice! What headphone output did you go with? I’m looking for a good one

1 Like

imma need one of them there stereo outs. lol

LM4808. Same as in the Erica Synths DIY Output. I tried a few other possibilities, can’t say any really stood out to me as a lot better performance than the rest (not that I’m any sort of audiophile), but the LM4808 is small and simple.

2 Likes

What’s the point of using a headphone amplifier and not just attenuating down the raw signal?

1 Like

Headphones are low impedance, and can in general not be driven by a single opamp.

EDIT: @analogoutput posted some variants here. Most use either a few opamps or dedicated low-power amps.

2 Likes

they are more complicated than one would imagine. There’s dozens of dedicated IC options like the 4808, which I’m leaning towards. They are probably more efficient then a discrete setup like yusynth?

By the way, this

is why I don’t like D shaft pots.

2 Likes

Some nice stuff there :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll probably just ruin it by soldering stuff to it

1 Like

Mail Day…

5 of @analogoutput’s DAC/INO boards I see quantitization coming to our rack soon :slight_smile:

Thanks for such a useful general purpose pcb Rich.

4 Likes

Just some new cables patch :smiley:

7 Likes

Hosa? They’re such a good deal and decent cables too :slight_smile: