Mail Day Thread

A bunch of stuff just arrived over the last couple of days.

Package from Thonk with a bunch of trimmers and their custom toppers.

Some Kosmo modules that I hadn’t picked up yet…

Some ST Modular and MI boards from Pusherman.

A ton of stuff from Mouser. Took about 3 weeks to get here after order it. I also picked up some vector rails (not in photo.)

Some micro controllers that I couldn’t find anywhere but at LCSC in China.

Some one off items from Digikey.

A bunch of parts from Tayda for various things.

A bunch of pots, trimmers, and a couple of IC’s from Modular Addict. I guess I got lucky and they got it out just before they went dark again. :frowning:

After all of that I still forgot to pick up a few things. So now I have another Tayda, Mouser, and Thonk order to make. :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

It’s Christmas in Colorado!

7 Likes

someone’s going to be busy …

4 Likes

No mail. Pretty sure my 10K pots are in the middle of the Suez Canal.

6 Likes

Probability is low… <0.5%
But in one of the 200+ ships waiting to pass, >99.5% !

3 Likes

My grandfather bought them over the internet and got them sent to him, a gift for my Birthday(today the 29th), I guess it count?
At least I have a pair of headphones, that doesn’t hold together by a cable strip and metal plate.

3 Likes

Pretty sure they’re nowhere near there :wink:

March 26, 2021, 5:09 pm
Departed
SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES on March 26, 2021 at 5:09 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

1 Like

I picked this up today from the local Goodwill for dirt cheap. Had a really nice set of grilling tools inside, which I didn’t care about. I was going to dump those in the trash but the other half confiscated it all. At least I got to keep the case it all came in :joy:

Thinking this might be a test or FX case of some sort? It’s a bit shallow for some modules so I’ll need to think about what I want to do with it pretty carefully. If it won’t work for modules then I can always house my IEMs and handheld recorders. Those need a home too. Either way…it’s helpful!

20210329_134552

6 Likes

Refreshing the tracking while waiting for mail suuucks =D

Waiting on a spray paint order to show up so i can get to finally painting the case.
Also added some other arty stuff since it was really cheap =)

3 Likes

An end-of-financial-year present from the boss…

Not going to lie, it’s pretty lush!

9 Likes

Not going to lie…pretty jealous! :wink:

5 Likes

This is an awesome case! Nice find!

3 Likes

Cool boss.​​​​​​​​​​

3 Likes

We’ve been close friends for… man… 35 years! Met on the second day of secondary school, aged 11 and clicked instantly.

3 Likes

Mailcall: Mouser…Braids & K25 stuffs…

6 Likes

@irregularshed

Nice…

Here is a picture of my end of year present from my boss.

EOM.

3 Likes

Employee of the month? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

End of Message…

3 Likes

I decided I wanted one of these after hearing about the Alesis Ion and its smaller sibling the Micron. Reading reviews I decided to focus on Akai’s build of the same basic kit, which they called the Miniak. It’s a really lovely and very deep analogue modelling DSP synth. I picked this one up on eBay for £230 including tax and first class postage. The seller forgot to include the gooseneck microphone which can be used with the built-in vocoder, but he tells me he’s sending it separately.

This synth is notorious for its labyrinthine menu structure, but there is apparently software around that can drive it, even from within your DAW.

I fell in love as soon as I opened the box and plugged it in. I have found it almost impossible to make an uninteresting sound with this device. It’s pure triple-distilled fun.

This is a track I recorded on my phone camera a few minutes after plugging it in.

Listen to Spring Surprise by Bitnik on #SoundCloud

6 Likes

Finally got my order after a day delay. Look at all them colours! Also some funky brush pens to try out. I even bought an 18 can storage bag. All of this was pretty cheap, £50!

L-R: Montana Primer, Montana Gold Fluro Power Orange, Flash Yellow and Acid Green. Molotow Neon Violet, Neon Turquoise. Deep Black, Signal White, Matt Clear Coat.
Then a mix of caps and the brush pens.

Hopefully I get this painted over the weekend =)
Then onto the next case, Purple and Turquoise fade.
All neon/uv paint too. (well except the obvious ones, hopefully the white one is UV too)

9 Likes