Mail Day Thread

Up and down switch is correct. I’ll probably fix the pots at least at some point, but it’s still very usable as is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It says: “Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton Wis. under controlled atmosphere conditions.” and you pick up on the “controlled atmosphere” part?

I’m more surprised by the “beautiful girls” part.

I mean, beautiful girls in Wisconsin?!?

Just kidding, I wish they all could be California girls.

2 Likes

Well, I was thinking “Apparently they go off (like fruit) if under uncontrolled atmosphere”.

Big padded envelope. Label says ic and its from Vienna. However I’ll need my microscope out to work out what they are. I’m guessing mosfet but could be licorice.

6 Likes

Goodbye old janky soldering iron, hello new, less janky soldering iron!

9 Likes

Use the old one as a cutter. Many ways to mod the tip for everything from scoring and bending to smoothing off plastic.
Nice new kit. Got a link?

3 Likes

good idea!
this is the link I got it from: https://br.banggood.com/JCD-8898-2-in-1-750W-Soldering-Station-Hot-Air-Heater-LCD-Digital-Display-Soldeirng-Iron-Welding-Rework-Station-for-Cell-phone-BGA-SMD-PCB-IC-Repair-p-1721250.html?ID=523698&cur_warehouse=CN

3 Likes

Ahhh…thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

I saved up my pocket money and bought a dangerous plastic bag. The suppliers obligingly sent me a useful big red counterweight to stop it blowing away on windy days. Apparently I’ll be okay as long as I keep away from babies and children.

11 Likes

You’ll love that one!

3 Likes

For the first time this evening I had some spare time and energy enough to plug everything in. I had my Crave ready so I could use the sequencer, but I didn’t really get that far. I somehow got the LFO on the Neutron generating a sweep, and got the Crave’s LFO triangle output feeding oscillator 1. This gave me an opportunity to explore the Neutron’s panel controls and try to get the hang of them. I’m rather rusty on the Crave and I couldn’t be bothered to connect a real midi keyboard up so I haven’t really done the Neutron’s musical qualities justice yet.

It’s nice to have a sine wave. My son won’t listen to Bach’s chamber music, he thinks it’s all a hellish din except for the organ and flute, which are both sine wave generators. Odd that his own main instruments are guitar and piano.

Edit: I’m training myself to pronounce Behringer Neutron the way the Germans do. Hard G, -eu as in Freude, that wondrous Tochter aus Elysium, and remember to pronounce the R. Everything sounds more German in German.

3 Likes

It sounds great with a shimmer reverb added to it.

8 Likes

I heard that jack sockets get used a lot, so i bought some… 140 of them lol
And surprisingly, it was cheaper to buy locally than from aliexpress hahaha
Got each for around 0.3USD

6 Likes

They look cool but watch the plated lugs. File or rough them up before soldering as they are a haven for cold solder joints.

2 Likes

Lmnc mods and a baby blue slew by @d42kn355

11 Likes

Big bag of tayda love! 160 bucks usd! Lots of general, knobs, restock, and tl074/tl072s

11 Likes

Shimmer reverb makes everything sound good.

4 Likes

Through-hole Braids diy panel.
Tht Braids pcb/panel (from the sound-force.nl Gerbers)
Black diy panel for Kassutronics slope
René Schmitz, “fastest envelope in the west’ diy pcb/panels.
Breadboard power supply pcb’s
ES Swamp panel/pcb’s

Should get me through the social distant near future.

7 Likes

Today’s post - the long delayed Nanoloop Kickstarter.

It sounds really nice, looks great and feels good in the hands. That’s the positives.

However, despite being well over a year late, the firmware is incredibly incomplete, the manual barren and far too many features that were planned (and caused me to back it in the first place) have fallen by the wayside. External power, SD card and - most annoyingly - a proper analogue filter are all missing. The jacks at the top should be used for MIDI and CV in/out but at the moment they don’t do anything (or they might do but the manual isn’t giving up any information).

In all, disappointing. Hope there’s some fixes for the firmware, because it does actually sound good and I wanted to use it as a CV sequencer (of course, now I’ve got a Beatstep, but it’s a very different beast) as well as a sound source. At least something turned up, I guess.

5 Likes

yo wat in the world!!!
I used to used Nanoloop heavily back in the day.
This looks wild!

if you end up truly hating it - i may be interested in it.

2 Likes