Mail Day Thread

Multiple boxes came in last two days!

For the 6.35mm patchcables, I followed the advice in another thread of buying mixer cables and removing the big hose thingie that tethers them together. I’m also awaiting a few guitar pedal patchcables, so this amount should suffice me for a (short) while.

There’s also a bunch of of 6.35 switched jacks, slidey sliders, tasty chips, big explodey-type capacitors, and two unipolar Mean Well switching PSU (don’t worry, I’ll ask you grown-ups to quadruple-check my work before the ignition sequence burns down my lab).

Those keytars were produced a decade ago at the height of the Rock Band craze, that video game with the plastic guitars. However, those keyboards were legit music gear: produced to the same standards as entry-level keyboards, with MIDI out. But unlike music gear, they lost value as fast as old-but-not-retro videogame gear does: about €30 shipped, and it seems new.

And Rev.2 of my first PCB design ever, from JLCPCB. Looking good!

Compared to Rev.1, it is much easier to understand which pads are connected, and the underlying KiCad project is much cleaner. Remains to verify they actually work! (You can see how I use those weird PCB in my CMOS synth thread)

9 Likes