Kosmo Kassutronics Slope

I am currently working on creating a Kosmo size version of Kassutronics Slope. So far, it is just a clone of the original with my own custom layout. I am thinking about mods I could do, the most obvious would be to double up the slopes and maybe add some logic like Rampage or Maths, but I may just keep it simple.

Here is the current draft:

2 Likes

Now you tell me, I just recently bought the Eurorack PCBs for konversion.

I really should make a thread listing my current and planned modules. Although, I don’t want to discourage anyone from doing the work for me just because I have it on a to-do list. And then there are the projects I will never get to. Maybe I should call it a wish list instead of a to-do list.

4 Likes

An update to the panel design. I really want to add something to that empty output slot. Maybe just an inverted output?

1 Like

I took another look at the Kassutronics circuit boards and man, they’d be a pain to konvert. 7 pots, 7 jacks, 3 LEDs, and a switch on the front panel — I’d definitely want to come up with an alternate front PCB plus jacks PCB for board mounted components. But the main PCB is really densely packed… I’m so used to Kosmo boards that tend to have plenty of space to spread parts out.

I’ll keep an eye on this topic, maybe I’ll build your version instead.

1 Like

I am just waiting on a few parts to finish up my first test module. I will keep you posted.

1 Like

OK, built it. Why didn’t anyone tell me all of my controls were backwards, and that the TLC3702 can’t take -12V? Other than that, I think it is working.

1 Like

Here it is, bodged and working as it should.

4 Likes

Git repository is up for anyone who is interested. Note that I updated the main board to fix my mistakes, but have not yet had the new boards manufactured for testing.

1 Like

Not sure why Kassutronics did it this way:

R38 and R45 form a voltage divider, as do R43 and R46. With the values stated and assuming 2 V for the LED forward voltage they’ll reduce the TLC3702’s +12 V output voltage to about +7 V at the jack, which maybe was the intention, but if you use different resistors for the LEDs it’ll change the output voltages (as will different LEDs, though not by as much). I’d think it would be better to put the LEDs upstream of the current limiting resistors, and add resistors to ground for non LED dependent voltage dividers as required.

3 Likes

With my choice parts, I get 10.8v at those gates. I suppose there is a pretty large range of values that work as gates in eurorack, so it is not a huge issue.

1 Like
1 Like